Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
htaylor
bookworm
htaylor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 and 505
hacks after upgrade to epub

Does anyone know if the hacks (clock and button changes) will work after I send my 500 to Sony? Can they be reinstalled if not?

htaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
They will be gone and they can't be reinstalled as is. Maybe they can be modified for the new firmware, but don't hold your breath.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
htaylor
bookworm
htaylor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 and 505
darn, no clock

Darn, no clock if I upgrade. Maybe I won't upgrade and keep it as is. I like it just the way it is, but would like epub also.

htaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by htaylor View Post
Darn, no clock if I upgrade. Maybe I won't upgrade and keep it as is. I like it just the way it is, but would like epub also.

You will find your 500 will be worth a lot more if you upgrade it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Just out of curiosity: has anyone thought about trying, say, PRS-505 hacks on the PRS-500 EPUB?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert