Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 01:37 AM   #76
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
I’m still trying to justify buying it and failing. Even without the sales tax!
I'm in the same boat as you. Love the feel of it and almost pulled the trigger on buying it a few times, but stopped short because I'm so picky. The ONLY thing the Oasis lacks is a blue light filter AKA ComfortLight like the Kobos and Nook. I'm so used to this now on my laptop and cellphone that staring at a white screen at night feels a little jarring.

The thought of plunking down $250 for one and then having buyers remorse a few months later when Amazon unveils new devices with Comfortlight is what's holding me back.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #77
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
The ONLY thing the Oasis lacks is a blue light filter AKA ComfortLight like the Kobos and Nook. I'm so used to this now on my laptop and cellphone that staring at a white screen at night feels a little jarring.
While it's not a blue light filter or ComfortLight, I really enjoy reading my Oasis with white text on black background at night. I find it very comfortable. On the rare occasions when I've tried reading my Voyage at night instead of my Oasis, the white background bothers me now (although I didn't mind it as much before I got the Oasis with its invert mode).
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #78
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I do not have that issue. Your cover may not have enough cutout to avoid accidentally pushing a button before the magnet activates sleep. I am using the discontinued original Amazon cover in charcoal fabric.
Oh that's interesting. I'm using the original Amazon cover as well. Mine is the 2017 edition leather cover...

Maybe I will look into a different cover.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #79
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninma View Post
Oh that's interesting. I'm using the original Amazon cover as well. Mine is the 2017 edition leather cover...

Maybe I will look into a different cover.
Possibly that is part of the reason it got discontinued (and the weak magnets). If you like the style of the original to easy remove for reading, try this one (except it misses the stand, but comes in many colors)

https://www.amazon.com/Ayotu-Colorfu.../dp/B079DNS68P
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:04 AM   #80
Sara123
Sara123 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis
I want one^v^
Sara123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #81
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
I grabbed the Fintie Origami cover in the charcoal fabric.

I like it.. kind of in the style of a Paperwhite cover in that it covers everything versus the Amazon one leaving part of the device unprotected.

So far it has not fallen off my Oasis yet or changed pages when I close the cover, and it was about 1/4 the price of the original Amazon leather cover. Works for me, it seems to solve about my only issue with the Oasis.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #82
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
The Battery life on the Champagne Gold is worse than the 8GB model. I read the last 10% of The Crooked Staircase (Dean Koontz) and it consumed 15% battery!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #83
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
The Battery life on the Champagne Gold is worse than the 8GB model. I read the last 10% of The Crooked Staircase (Dean Koontz) and it consumed 15% battery!
Do you want to try another gold one to see if there is a difference ? I'm keeping my graphite 32gb Oasis, only because I don't think I'll get a better one battery wise, at least it has a good screen and works well. I'll settle for that for now.

I'm also wondering why they didn't offer an 8gb Gold Oasis ?

Only the 8g Oasis is on sale for Prime Day too. I'm guessing they might phase out the 8g all together ? Then offer one premium priced Oasis in 32gb. In Gold or Graphite.

I'm getting another Voyage as back up, they might phase that out as well. Then
probably offer a new version of the Paperwhite to be the middle range device.

Last edited by Wearever; 07-17-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #84
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
Do you want to try another gold one to see if their is a difference ? I'm keeping my graphite 32g Oasis, only because I don't think I'll get a better one battery wise, at least it has a good screen and works well. I'll settle for that for now.

I'm also wondering why they didn't offer an 8 g Gold Oasis ?

Only the 8g Oasis is on sale for Prime Day too. I'm guessing they might phase out the 8g all together ? Then offer one premium priced Oasis in 32g. In Gold or Graphite.

I'm getting another Voyage as back up, they might phase that out as well. Then
probably offer a new version of the Paperwhite to be the middle range device.
Why they did not offer an 8gb is fairly easy to explain. To get the gold one can have 2 reason, either the color or the upgrade from the 8gb version. It also makes sense that the gold one is not availlable in cellular - the antenna is grayish close in color to the graphite body, it would clash with gold.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #85
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Why they did not offer an 8gb is fairly easy to explain. To get the gold one can have 2 reason, either the color or the upgrade from the 8gb version. It also makes sense that the gold one is not availlable in cellular - the antenna is grayish close in color to the graphite body, it would clash with gold.
That makes sense, I forgot about the cellular version with the antenna.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #86
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
No I am keeping it for its too exhausting to return esp since I sold the 8gb.

And stupid me is going to sell my 1 month old gold ipad On a whim I purchased the ipad pro from Verizon which was idiotic of me to do. I wanted a cellular model then after purchase I realized i can just use my stupid hotspot on phone to connect my gold ipad
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 PM   #87
Wearever
Wizard

If the screen and everything else is good on the gold Oasis, it makes sense to keep it. Just use it like you would anyway. The battery will get charged more but there will always be another version in a couple years.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #88
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does Amazon still let you buy the Kindle over 4 payments? I don't see it mentioned on their site.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #89
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
Does Amazon still let you buy the Kindle over 4 payments? I don't see it mentioned on their site.
When I have the various Kindle pages loaded from the Amazon website, I see the option to split the payment up over five months.

One thing I'm not seeing today is the Kindle Voyage. It seems to be removed from the lineup. Not sure if this is temporary or permanent--I have the Voyage and I love it.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #90
nikkisharif
nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I just purchased the Champagne Oasis last week & I love it. It’s my first e-reader..I know I’m late to the party Lol. I just recently moved to NYC, so the kindle was the perfect solution to my limited space issue.

So glad I found this forum. I’m looking forward to learning more & more about e-readers😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nikkisharif is offline   Reply With Quote