Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
noja
noja began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Browser Download Not Working

Hello,

In my house we're using Aura One's and Aura H2O's and everyone is having the same issue where books can't be downloaded through the browser.

Currently I have a setup on my home computer that has Calibre and we're accessing the library through that program's content server. Every time we click to download a book, it say's its started, but the book never shows up. To make sure it wasn't just that program, I've tried through Dropbox and even Ubooquity (a much better program for my comic books). Nothing has worked so far.

I found this other thread from earlier in the year (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285126) which suggested it was an issue with the size of ebooks that was likely to be fixed soon. However, we've been having this problem for months and I'd love to be able to find a workaround.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and figured out a fix?

Thank you!
noja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You have missed two very important pieces of information in your post: What version of the firmware you are running and what version of calibre you are running?

With the latest release of both calibre (3.12.0) and the firmware (4.6.9995), downloading from the calibre server works for me (just rechecked). And with that firmware version, every other site I have tried works properly. This should also work with all versions of calibre, but I haven't tried it with any pre-3.0 version.

There have been changes in the browser in recent firmware versions. They changed some things that meant downloading from some sites didn't work, while others did. These problems were fixed with the 4.6.x releases. There is one problem I have seen. Occasionally the download progress disappears. The the book is still downloaded, it will be added to the library, but you won't see the prompt to open the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, bug, kobo aura h2o, kobo aura one, wifi