Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #211
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is just great. Sorry if I have asked before, I loose track of things easily.

We have a few other things to fix before anyone will have time to look at miscellaneous add-ins.
I've said it before, but really appreciate all your work and Coplate's. Looking forward to the JB. Happy to wait as long as I know there's a possibility
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #212
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I've said it before, but really appreciate all your work and Coplate's. Looking forward to the JB. Happy to wait as long as I know there's a possibility
Oh, it is certainly possible, that isn't the problem:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MyTestPage

Do you know the technical term: "Bit Rot"?
If not, it is just what it reads to be.
We are dealing with an unexpected amount of Bit Rot when making things work on the new Oasis.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #213
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Oh, it is certainly possible, that isn't the problem:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MyTestPage

Do you know the technical term: "Bit Rot"?
If not, it is just what it reads to be.
We are dealing with an unexpected amount of Bit Rot when making things work on the new Oasis.
Yes, familiar with the term. What a pita that must be! I'll try to be quiet and patient while you labor over it. If there's anything you need tested that I can do, let me know. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #214
bettypop
bettypop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This is a great tool. Something I have been waiting for. Can you please provide a step by step procedure of getting this to work. It will be of great help to newbies who are not familiar with technical stuff
bettypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #215
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettypop View Post
This is a great tool. Something I have been waiting for. Can you please provide a step by step procedure of getting this to work. It will be of great help to newbies who are not familiar with technical stuff
This add-in is specific to both Kindle model and the firmware version it is running.

Please include your Kindle model (as it is known here) and the firmware version it is running.

You can find the information on the "Device Info" panel under the "Settings" menu.
Use the first six characters of your serial number and this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
To discover what we call your Kindle model here.

You need to know what it is when looking for add-ins here.
We need to know what it is when you ask about things technical.
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #216
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
KindleLazy. Awesome. Would this work on the new Oasis 7" Jailbreak?
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:13 PM   #217
meadows
meadows began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So I forgot to block OTA updates and mistakenly let my PW3 update to latest firmware (5.9.2) after downloading a new book. Thought maybe I had shot myself in the foot, but I followed most of the instructions mentioned in this section of the thread and was able to reinstall KUAL. Tested KindleLazy and it still works fine on this firmware.

Not sure if this is helpful for anyone, but just an FYI.

Last edited by meadows; 12-22-2017 at 11:19 PM.
meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #218
aebt63
aebt63 began at the beginning.

Device: oasis
kndlelazy

how do i buy kindle lazy?

I can see some keycodes here, I am not sure if some devices produce different ones.
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...rds/Generic.kl
[/spoiler]

I want to improve this and add hotplugging (inserting/removing the usb device(s) any time when the program is running)

I also want to print a message to the screen (like usbnet does) that shows when the program starts, the current page direction, show a message when the program quits, etc...

I assume this will work on KV, OA... I'm not sure about PW2.
As for future proofing, the screen size is not hard coded so it should work with any resolution.

Any advice on how to do these things, or just advice on my programming is welcome!
Pull requests on github are welcome

Github page - https://github.com/llakssz/KindleLazy/
Download from - https://github.com/llakssz/KindleLazy/releases
[/QUOTE]
aebt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #219
jscris
Addict

Just wondering that now that the KOA2 JB and addons are coming along, whether a Bluetooth remote page-turner is being considered. Still hoping!
Old 11-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #220
Escape314
Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paper White, Android app
Pw4

So.. I bought a pw4 and a presenter remote. Is there any chance I can get this to work on my kindle? I jailbroke it, install kual and KL, but it's not working yet. Would someone offer me some advice on what I might try? I didn't buy the exact same presenter, but I can if needed.
Escape314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #221
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Probably going to be tricky, as there are kernel modules involved, and those are generally pretty picky as far as mismatches are concerned .

Otherwise, the easy bit is going to be the fact that the extra input devices will probably get assigned to different IDs.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:34 AM   #222
Escape314
Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paper White, Android app
I will try to read thru the thread to see if I can figure some of this out. I'd be glad to follow any specific requests. I was looking at the configuration file and intend to check the codes I'm transmitting on my device.
Escape314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #223
Wolf1892
Wolf1892 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
hello, can the DXG kindle work? and how do I install it?
Wolf1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #224
knc1
Going Viral

It could, but someone would have to build it for the DXG specifically.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:06 AM   #225
heavinessruscles
heavinessruscles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hi,

I bought a PW3 and did the JB. KUAL and Kindlelazy are installed. The rotate 180 function is working.

I have a different presenter remote, which I think is very generic but doesn't seem to work. What is the process for having the PW3 recognise this different presenter remote?

Many thanks in advance.
heavinessruscles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, remote control