Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
spottap
spottap began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Error message on Kobo Touch

I keep getting an error message when I try to send a book to my Kobo touch.
When I hit send to main memory I get an error communicating with device.

This is the error
(2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 478, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 1011, in _sanity_check
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 176, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 133, in _windows_space
error: (2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Can anyone tell me what is wrong. I have done a reset on my ereader and it is still doing this.
Thanks for any help
spottap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Hello:

I too have had an error message, but mine is from Calibre - it seems the software in my Kobo Touch is advanced past Calibre - as a result, Calibre will not let me do anything - it will not even show the contents. I hope there are plans to fix this soon! The software version is 1.9.17 (r37603, 3/16/12) - I have used the device with Calibre very recently!

Thank you

Regards,

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@TheArtfulDodger; just do as the message says; either
  • with the Kobo attached click the arrow besides device and select Configure Device; then check the box Attempt to support newer firmware
  • with the Kobo not attached click the Preferences button, select Plugins in the Advanced section, expand the Device Interface Plugin selection, select the Kobo Reader Device interface line then hit the customize plugin button. Finally on that screen check the box Attempt to support newer firmware

As I've learnt recently this message will occur for ANY Kobo Device after a current version of Kobo Desktop has been used, regardless of the firmware level on the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
lizvan
lizvan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Peter,

I've gotten the same error message as spottap - went through your suggestion with Kobo not attached .. and 'attempt to support newer firmware' was already checked. Unchecked, restarted - no difference. Rechecked, restarted - no difference.

Any other suggestions?
lizvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you post the exact messages you are getting? and of course what version of calibre.
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
lizvan

(2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 549, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1651, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 982, in _sanity_check
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 176, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 133, in _windows_space
error: (2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Calibre Version: 0.9.1
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Do you have any other USB devices plugged in at the same time?

Does the Kobo have a drive letter assigned to it in Windows Explorer?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
lizvan

Nothing else is plugged in - I believe the drive letter is J .. ? Not sure on how to find out, though
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

It should show in Windows Explorer.
Maybe try a scan disk in Windows Explorer too...