Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Question sony reader - international shipping - any store?

Hi everybody.

After a long time I haven't been to the site, I recently found my old username and password and logged in. I was happy to find the iliad is already selling (and been selling for a long time). Though it isn't really the iliad I was wainting for, but the sony reader.

I tried to find an online store that sells the sony reader and ships worldwide. Sadly, I coudn't find any. Apparently Sony has decided to sell them only in the US (true? why?).

So you're my last hope. Any of you knows a store that sells them and ships outside of the US? Maybe I should come back in another year to find they have started shipping it worldwide?

Thanks
Dave

edit: I have seen peapke selling it in the forums here, but I'm looking dor a new unit.

Last edited by Dave Berk; 03-06-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, simple dave, you have been gone a while.

I think the only place we've positively identified is B&H Photo, a number of folks have gotten Readers through them. If you want full details, check out this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9393

As to why they're not currently selling outside the U.S., well, only Sony really knows, but the current theory is that it has to do with book distribution rights, specifically with Sony not having them outside the U.S. The reason that's a problem is that the Reader includes access to books (via Sony's ConnStore), whether you actually buy any or not.

Enjoy catching up, you've got a lot of reading to do.
Advert
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanks for your answer, NatCh, and for the info. I'm now off to order the reader... (sounds like somthing out of the wizard of oz.._

I'm also starting to read all the threads here about the reader. I have found from experience that reading about something before buying it, is an experience sometimes even better then the feeling you get when you finally hold it in your hands....
Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Couldn't agree with that more, simple dave! It's much better to know what you're getting into before plunking down the dough (that's another term for money, yvanleterrible ).
Closed Thread