Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: September 2009 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie 26 34.21%
The Chinese Parrot (Charlie Chan) by Biggs 15 19.74%
Lady Molly of Scotland Yard by by Baroness Orczy 2 2.63%
A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch 1 1.32%
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin 9 11.84%
Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers 23 30.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #76
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
There is no more last minute... the poll is closed. So, no need to feel nervous. The Agatha Christie is the winning selection for this month... Get reading it!

BOb
LOL, well that works out well. I got tired of waiting for the Poll so I started reading Charlie Chan, read both the first book and the second, Book Club selection, book in the series. The first book was great although the blatant racism and sexism were a bit much, America in the twenties. The second book did not live up to the promise of the first although it was still an enjoyable read. I put aside the remainder of Detective Sargent Chan to give My Lord Wimsey a go, rather a change of pace, don't you know. Murder Must Advertise starts off slow and I had a hard time immersing myself in it which was somewhat of a surprise since I'd read other Lord Peter Wimsey books with great enjoyment. I'm about 65% done with that and so looking forward to Poirot!

for suggesting Murder Mysteries! It has been longer than I can remember since I've read anything like these.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Wednesday or Thursday I'll be making an ePub edition of Styles.
No need. Turns out there is already a good ePub here on MR.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=569076
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert