Notices

Old 04-17-2021, 06:44 AM   #1
3m2vinatohr04
3m2vinatohr04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Exclamation Overlapping tap zones

Hello everyone,

I'm trying on changing the next and previous tap zones to the following:

1 wide zone for the next page and 1 smaller zone right smack in the middle for the previous page

The problem is it at the overlapped zone, the next page is being triggered instead of the previous page. Is there a way to set the z index of the tap zones?
3m2vinatohr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not without code changes. IIRC, Next is indeed over Prev (on the basis that it's a much more common occurrence than Prev ).

c.f., registerTouchZones @ frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerrolling.lua (reflowable documents) & frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerpaging.lua (non-reflowable documents).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-17-2021 at 04:39 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I set the whole screen to be a next page button (except for the middle which brings up the menu), and used swipe to page back. I rarely do previous page.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3930863

Android version:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325088
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, that's another viable approach, as swipes > taps (in terms of gesture detection, I mean. I hate swipes ^^).

(Note that, unlike the tap zones Z order discussed above, that's a general rule: detecting a gesture requires a finger up event, and if the finger moved far enough, that makes it a swipe instead of a tap, so, by definition, swipes > taps).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-17-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #5
3m2vinatohr04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Not without code changes. IIRC, Next is indeed over Prev.

c.f., registerTouchZones @ frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerrolling.lua (reflowable documents) & frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerpaging.lua (non-reflowable documents).

Thank you for pointing me to the right lua file!

Quote:
I set the whole screen to be a next page button (except for the middle which brings up the menu), and used swipe to page back. I rarely do previous page.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3930863

Android version:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325088
Great suggestion. Will try this setup.
Advert
Old 04-18-2021, 09:00 AM   #6
3m2vinatohr04

UPDATE:
Finally found the solution for this!

In order to change the z-index for the forward and backward zones, the order in
Code:
overrides = {},
must be change in these files:

Quote:
E:\koreader\frontend\apps\reader\modules\readercon fig.lua
E:\koreader\frontend\apps\reader\modules\readerfoo ter.lua
E:\koreader\frontend\apps\reader\modules\readerhig hlight.lua
E:\koreader\frontend\apps\reader\modules\readerlin k.lua
E:\koreader\frontend\apps\reader\modules\readermen u.lua
Old 04-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Passersby: don't actually empty the table. Keyword being "reorder", not "empty".

The gnarly details involve building a depgraph from these lists, and insertion order is preserved.

TL;DR: A simpler tweak would just be to re-order the original registration of the tap_* zones, which is what I linked in my original answer.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-18-2021 at 02:48 PM.