Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
How do you change the font

For some reason the font was set when I copied and pasted from another source, and no matter how I try to change the font on an ebook reader, it doesn't seem to change. Only a part of the text changes the fonts and most is static. How can I change this?
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
How did you copy?
Did you embed the font (if not reader native support)? Did you adjust the CSS to reflect changes?

HTML + CSS
They are a symbiotic PAIR. Neither works well without the other.

AND not a generic pair as some folk think (it could be done, if both documents used the exact same CSS selectors to start)

If you used 'Add Existing' to add a HTML file AND the proper CSS was available in the referenced place, Sigil should have sucked that in also.

If you pasted the content (in CV), then the CSS entry and adjustment burden is on you. I don't even know what you would get if you pasted content into BV (I would never waste my time even trying that, the results are so iffy)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
In other words, certain details are lacking as to what source were you copying from, how did you copy it into sigil (e.g. into book view? load the HTML from file view? something else?)

Once in Sigil, you should be able to examine the (X)HTML and CSS files (if any) and determine what is controlling the styling.

If there is no stylesheet, look in the HTML file(s) to see the <style> definitions in the <head> section.

With the book open in Sigil, you should be able to use the previewer (f10 in linux, ymmv) to see what styles are being applied. Fix those styles to suit you.

No, I can't think of a macro that will do this for you automatically

j/k, no offense. Just riffing off your usual posts.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
What might happening is the CSS is located at the head of each file that makes up the epub. You could look at each one and see if it is there, then maybe just eliminate it and make a link to a stylesheet where all the code you want is. In that case you will have use the existing style names and redefine them or knock them out of the body completely in each file and assign the styles you prefer to all the text.

If this came out of a browser, it might be easier to save as text so you don't pick up all this extraneous styling.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote