Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
cathie
Connoisseur
cathie doesn't littercathie doesn't littercathie doesn't litter

Device: kindle, Kindle Fire
My K3 won't turn on

For some reason my K3 will not turn on. When I slide the power button, the light turns green, then nothing.
I have started to recharge it thinking it might be a power issue, but the 'recharging battery' screen has not appeared. When I connected it to the computer via the USB cord, it does not appear on screen.
Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. My K3 is barely 6 month old.
cathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
1. can you plug it into a wall charger?

2. if something doesn't change soon, call Kindle (not Amazon) customer support, they are extremely helpful!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie View Post

For some reason my K3 will not turn on. When I slide the power button, the light turns green, then nothing.
I have started to recharge it thinking it might be a power issue, but the 'recharging battery' screen has not appeared. When I connected it to the computer via the USB cord, it does not appear on screen.
Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. My K3 is barely 6 month old.
Plug in for several hours at least. Overnight is good.
When it's had a chance to charge thoroughly, unplug it, and press the power button slider all the way over and hold for 15 seconds. Count them off. It's a long time. Then release and wait to see if it powers on.

If that fails, call Kindle support.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
cathie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Plug in for several hours at least. Overnight is good.
When it's had a chance to charge thoroughly, unplug it, and press the power button slider all the way over and hold for 15 seconds. Count them off. It's a long time. Then release and wait to see if it powers on.

If that fails, call Kindle support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
1. can you plug it into a wall charger?

2. if something doesn't change soon, call Kindle (not Amazon) customer support, they are extremely helpful!
Will do. Thanks for the advice, and getting back to me so quickly.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
If the battery is dead, you will not see anything on the screen until you have reached a minimum charge (the device will not bypass the battery and take power directly from the outlet), which takes a good 45 minutes or so. To fully charge a Kindle, it needs to be plugged into a wall outlet for 3 - 4 hours, charging via USB will take longer.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
cathie
Connoisseur

Just to let you know, my K3 came back no problem after I charged it overnight. I must have some how drained the battery completely, without realising it. Feel a bit of an idiot!
Thanks for the help just the same.