Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #31
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
You should notice that IRex has NEVER granted any developer package to China iliad users. Thus China iliad has NOT any rom image to reflash with. There is only one rom image to use for reflashing. And that's for the Europe version. Only after disguising as a Europe visitor, can a Chinese iliad gain access to the developer package and not surprisingly, the European rom image.

Why should I notice...
If you read my previous post, you will find that I NEVER said that China version use a different rom image from Europe version to reflash. I said that Chinese version iLiad use the same rom image to reflash in the first place.

Last edited by ericshliao; 09-27-2008 at 03:00 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #32
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
It wasn't clear to me that the English HWR was installed as well as the Chinese HWR being retained. I'd like to confirm that, if possible. Then I need to know if there's any way to get the Chinese firmware installed on a European iLiad.
Neko, Send me a PM if you're interested. This is very possible.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #33
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
Quote:
Neko, Send me a PM if you're interested. This is very possible.
I'm also interested!
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Does anyone have any books in eba or xeb format that are free/legal to post? I'd like to do some testing...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #35
boolean
boolean began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad eBook Edition
Hi Adam,
I'm also interested in converting my cn-version of iLiad into an european one.
I followed the discussion here but am still not sure: is it possible to refresh an cn-version of iliad into an european one without connecting to iDS?
Thanks in advance.
boolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #36
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolean View Post
Hi Adam,
I'm also interested in converting my cn-version of iLiad into an european one.
I followed the discussion here but am still not sure: is it possible to refresh an cn-version of iliad into an european one without connecting to iDS?
Thanks in advance.
It is possible. I've done that. I think there has been a howto post somewhere. Basically, you have to reflash your iliad with the official image and connect to the european server directly after reboot (you may need some trick to do that, search for it ...). This is important, otherwise, you'll only get a chinese version from local server.

BTW, being able to read mobi books and use mobi dictionaries is really great!
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote