Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:36 AM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
$50 Connect credit for "sale"

Hi all.

I have just received my reader from USA. I have asked a friend who was visiting the states to buy one for me.
It is absolutely awesome!
I am not interested in spending $50 credit in the Connect store.
I would like to sell the credit for $30.

I see two ways of doing it.
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I could authorize my reader to someones else account - so [s]he will receive $50 credit. After receiving and spending the credit we deauthorize my reader from that account, and after that I receive $30 on a paypal, or more preferably paypay, account.

Or I can create an account and receive the credit and the "buyer" woud de-authorize his/her reader from his/her account and authorize it to my account. After spending "my" $50 credit the buyer can simply de-authorize his reader and authorize it back to his/her account, and after that I receive $30 on a paypay account.

Is it technically possible?
I haven't used connect software yet. Haven't even installed it yet, because SONY thinks my Windows 2000 computer (and my Linux / FreeBSD computers) are not good enough to enable me to use an internet store :-( .

Is anybody interested?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, kacir, the first approach would work, but I think the second probably wouldn't be a good idea. The reason I say that, is that your buyer would have to authorize his Reader to this other account anytime he wanted to read the books on it, since they can't be xferred to another account. Of course, he might be able to talk Sony into xferring the books for him if he were to tell them that he wanted to close the 'extra' account, but that means getting them involved in the whole mess.

Your first idea is probably a better approach. Your buyer could set their password (and even e-mail address) to something temporary and send you that info. Then you could log into his account, and authorize your Reader to it. I think you then could more or less immediately de-auth it (though I'd wait an hour or so, or until the credit shows up in the transaction list, where it seems to show up first) -- don't forget to de-auth your PC too (it will authorize automatically when you log in the first time)!

After that was all settled, your buyer could just change his password (and e-mail) back to whatever he uses now, and everything should be back the way it was, except he has your credit.

Um ... does any of that make any sense to anyone other than me?
Closed Thread