Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #1831
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Code:
drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root          8192 Oct  1  2016 thumbnails
No idea why your directory is empty. All my covers are there.
Including the cover for the document version of KUAL?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #1832
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
This device never had document version of KUAL.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #1833
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
This device never had document version of KUAL.
Then we need some one who has/had the Active Document form of KUAL on their PW3 before updating to 5.9.2 to speak up here.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #1834
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Then we need some one who has/had the Active Document form of KUAL on their PW3 before updating to 5.9.2 to speak up here.
In my kindle i have still the kindlet version of KUAL.
In the thumbnails folder there are some thumbnails, but not the KUAL one (only books and dictionaries)
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #1835
msciwoj
msciwoj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
KUAL v2.7 on KV

it says:
>In addition, you may need to install MKK: if your device runs on FW 5.x, and you're using the K5 JB >= 1.11.N (or the associated "hotfix"), you don't need to do anything, MKK is bundled with your JB

I've installed Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin (straight from 5.6.5, using https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265675, I think it was successful)
Then I put KUAL (Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install.bin) there but when opening it I get:
This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item.
Please contact developer

Any ideas?
msciwoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #1836
Umang
Umang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 WiFi+3G, G090-G5
KUAL cannot be started.

I’m having problems with my jailbreak that involve KUAL. I posted this on the jailbreak thread, and I’m copy-pasting it here in case someone has a solution

——————————————————————————————————————————————

My Hotfix may not be working on 5.9.2. After auto-updating, the Screensavers Mod no longer works, and attempting to launch KUAL gives me a “The Selected application could not be started” error.
Do I have to reinstall KUAL or is my jailbreak broken?

I’m using a PW3 3G, and the first characters of my serial number are G090 G5.

Also this is my first time posting here, so please tell me if I’m doing something wrong.

Last edited by Umang; 12-02-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Edit: fixed a typo in the title
Umang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #1837
knc1
Going Viral

Yup -
Do not double post.
At the very bottom of any page you will find a link to "guidelines" - read them.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:29 AM   #1838
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
In my kindle i have still the kindlet version of KUAL.
In the thumbnails folder there are some thumbnails, but not the KUAL one (only books and dictionaries)
This is of no great help for the original question, which was referring to fw 5.9.2. According to your profile, you still use 5.8.5.0.1. In that case you're right. I was long enough stuck to 5.8.7.0.1 on either my PW3 and KT3 (to be able to once again downgrading them to the initial factory fw in case of accidentially hitting the "never ever touch after jailbreaking" RESET button), but finally I upgraded to 5.8.11 two weeks ago or so. And even with this fw I still can use the kindlet versions of e.g. KUAL, VlasoftSoft's CoolReader and KindCalc without any problems. On PW3 and KT3, BTW!

But I know: if updating to 5.9.2, this interesting alternative will finally be gone.

BTW: The thumbnails for the addons like KUAL are in e.g. /developer/KUAL/metadata
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #1839
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msciwoj View Post
it says:
>In addition, you may need to install MKK: if your device runs on FW 5.x, and you're using the K5 JB >= 1.11.N (or the associated "hotfix"), you don't need to do anything, MKK is bundled with your JB

I've installed Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin (straight from 5.6.5, using https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265675, I think it was successful)
Then I put KUAL (Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install.bin) there but when opening it I get:
This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item.
Please contact developer

Any ideas?
What firmware version are you running now?
Old 12-15-2017, 04:24 AM   #1840
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umang View Post
I’m having problems with my jailbreak that involve KUAL. I posted this on the jailbreak thread, and I’m copy-pasting it here in case someone has a solution

——————————————————————————————————————————————

My Hotfix may not be working on 5.9.2. After auto-updating, the Screensavers Mod no longer works, and attempting to launch KUAL gives me a “The Selected application could not be started” error.
Do I have to reinstall KUAL or is my jailbreak broken?

I’m using a PW3 3G, and the first characters of my serial number are G090 G5.

Also this is my first time posting here, so please tell me if I’m doing something wrong.
You need to install KUAL BOOKLET version so you Could open it on 5.9.2 firmware versión on your PW3 3G, Also every time you update your Kindle firmware versión you need to reinstall all mods like screensaver but on 5.9.2 you cant use MKK (MrPi) you need to search a modified .bin versión to install it with your UPDATE Kindle Option in your PW3
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:33 AM   #1841
Umang

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post
You need to install KUAL BOOKLET version so you Could open it on 5.9.2 firmware versión on your PW3 3G, Also every time you update your Kindle firmware versión you need to reinstall all mods like screensaver but on 5.9.2 you cant use MKK (MrPi) you need to search a modified .bin versión to install it with your UPDATE Kindle Option in your PW3

Thank you! But I have a few questions. By KUAL booklet, do you mean the AZW3 file? Also could you post a link to the modified MKK .bin file? Thanks.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 AM   #1842
Umang

A few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post

Thank you! But I have a few questions. By KUAL booklet, do you mean the AZW3 file? Also could you post a link to the modified MKK .bin file? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #1843
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umang View Post
Hete In the First post There is a link to download a KUAL zip file, download ir and unzip it, there you hace a BIN file install it with normal Kindle Update menu, there you hace the booklet installed, it will appear like a DOC file in your kindle, open it normally.
the AZW2 file doesnt Works because thats the kindlet version
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #1844
Doc_Cristian
Doc_Cristian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic 8th gen (white)
Hi, i cant seem to get my Kual working after updating to firmware 5.8.2.0.1, ive got an 8th gen kindle touch (white) everything was working fine before the update. ive tried reinstalling kual, re installing mrpi, and even installed the jailbrake hotfix .bin file and nothing has worked. i see the same KUAL entry in my library i had before but when i try to open it i get ´aplication error´ the selected aplication could not be started please try again. any idea how i could fix this? thanks in advance
Doc_Cristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:30 AM   #1845
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Did "reinstalling KUAL" mean that you've used the kindlet version, i.e. the azw2 file? That won't work with fw 5.9.2.* (your "8" is a typo, I suppose...) any longer.

Install the booklet version of KUAL (update*.bin file) via ;log mrpi search bar command instead.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified