Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #301
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
BEFORE the reset, you should only have lost all the apps you installed (they use a different word, not "apps") but the basic jailbreaking would have been in place, which *allows* the apps to be installed. Apps must be re-installed after an update.
However, yes, a RESET wiped out the jailbreak. Go ask in the jailbreak thread. This is the limit of my knowledge!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #302
zarkell
zarkell began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Jailbreak works on PW3 5.9.2.0.1

I've been lucky to jailbreak and get KUAL working on Kindle Paperwhite 3 (G090G1) @ 5.9.2.0.1 firmware. I've got my PW3 on this firmware version initially. Downgrade to 5.7.4, jailbreak, reupdate and KUAL/MRPI as well as extensions setups succeeded for me.

The steps I followed are on below 3 links.
Nuance is that after downgrade-jaibreak-reupdate, following steps of 3rd link KUAL did not appear in the Kindle's Homescreen. After reading this thread I was about to leave this thing for better future. But...
What I did is, I factory-reset my device, repeated jailbreak procedure described in 2nd link and attempted to follow 3rd link using "For 8th generation Kindle .... " 7-step-way described in section 1.1 instead. And it worked - KUAL appeared in my Kindle's Homescreen, I was able to install other extensions following further steps.

1. Downgrade to 5.7.4:
https://www.ereader-palace.com/downg...n-2016-method/

2. Jailbreak procedure
https://www.ereader-palace.com/how-t...e-2016-method/

3. KUAL/MRPI
https://www.ereader-palace.com/4-mus...eaking-kindle/

Last edited by zarkell; 12-27-2017 at 02:05 PM.
zarkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
font_ramp