Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2018, 06:08 AM   #1
aloalo27
aloalo27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Kobo Wireless (N647) does not connect to Kobo desktop, wifi or calibre.

Hi guys.

I just got a Kobo wireless from a friend of mine, it's basically brand new (still sealed in box), but I couldn't get it to work tho.

1. The Home menu shows no book at all.

2. It's say connected when I connect to Wifi, but when I access the shop, it keeps saying "Network error".

3. I plugged it in my lap, it's connected (there is a kobo folder), but neither Kobo Desktop nor Calibre recognise the device. Well they did before, then I tried syncing some books, but it didn't show in device's library then suddenly it didn't recognise anymore, Calibre says something like database error.

So now this Kobo is like a brick tho, I tried factory reset, hard reset and none worked.

Is there any solution or I just throw it away, cause basically my friend bought it long time ago, no receipt so I can't ask for replacement or anything.

The device is on 1.9.12 (10/16/14) firmware.
aloalo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That might be related to a known problem with the last firmware released to the Kobo. It is discussed in detail in Kobo E_Reader wifi upgrade gone bad. I don't think I have seen a report that this prevented the PC from seeing the device, so it might be something else. The solution seems to be restoring an image to the internal card. And as it is not responding now, the image is probably the way to start. I have sent a PM with a link to the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Monsan
Monsan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader N647
Hi guys,

I am also having the same issue with my Kobo N647 as OP.

I know it is unlikely after all these years, but would someone please be able to provide me with the firmware link?

Thank you so much..
Monsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:07 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I had issues with WiFi and Connecting to PC due to a faulty battery on an H2O. However that's sort of obvious as the reader froze if USB power was connected. However it worked fine on USB power apart from WiFi (would freeze) or desktop (might briefly flashup dialog or just treat it as USB power).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #6
mcphilthy
mcphilthy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Just received a used n647 as a christmas present and facing the same issue as OP. Might anyone have a firmware link for this?
mcphilthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

And in the future, please post requests for the images for the Kobo WiFi in Kobo E_Reader wifi upgrade gone bad. It simplifies things a lot if they are in one place.