Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 09:27 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible "Send this Book" Requests

Send this Book -- discontinued
Quote:
As of April 2021, we are no longer offering the Send this Book program. For any recommendations sent or received through the program, the following terms apply. Anyone you have already sent a recommendation to can still redeem it.
This program went live to the US public on 11 May. Up until then, it was in beta and known as Audible Onebook. Some of you have already used it; not so for me. Anyway, the bottom line is that this program will allow you to get one, and only one, free audiobook from other Audible users. After that, any audiobooks sent to you must be paid for.

The purpose of this thread is to allow members to request a particular audiobook from other members. Once you redeem this book, you're no longer eligible to receive any more free books under this program. You can still continue to participate by sending books to other members.

This offer is in addition to any promotional offers or trial periods you currently have and does not count against any of your credits.

Note: US customers only -- see T&C for details

Audible to let audiobook owners share one book free of charge as intro to share mechanism
Quote:
Audible Inc., the world’s largest seller and producer of downloadable audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment, today announced the release of a new feature that allows listeners to give any audiobook they own in their “My Library” to others instantly via e-mail, text, Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp, using their iOS, Android and Windows 10 devices. Each recipient gets his or her first title through the program for free, and Audible will pay authors, actors and other rights holders the equivalent value of each recipient’s first title.

“Audible’s many millions of habitués know how our audio service can enhance the quality and character of daily life – whether driving, exercising, or working around the house. Audible is growing at historic rates as powerful words matched by powerful performances redefine reading and listening,” said Audible founder and CEO Donald Katz. “Audible customers also understand that they own each title they buy as members or a la carte purchasers, and they can carry their Audible libraries around forever. Now, for the first time, our listeners can send complete titles to anyone in the US and the cost is on us.”
Current List of Requests

General Information
How do I....

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-19-2021 at 01:28 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible "Send this Book" Requests

Post your request for the Audible book you wish to get free under this program. I'll add it to the list below. Members who have that book will then be able to fulfill your request. You may request as many books as you want; but remember, only the first book you redeem will be free. Any others must be paid for at the going prices. When posting your request, please link it to its Audible page.

You will need to give your email address to the person sending you the book. Do so by PM, since this is an open forum. It's not wise to share your email address with the world. Thanks

Note: to see the requesting post for additional details, click on the requester's name

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-28-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #3
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
ok cool. Into the Silence
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:25 AM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
DuckieTigger -> The Aeronaut's Windlass

Edit: I just noticed that the links don't work for everybody. If it decides to redirect you (e.g. from .co.uk site in post #2 to .com) it loses the book.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 05-19-2016 at 06:34 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwardgd View Post
I didn't know you were in the UK. I have some bad news for you.

From the T&C:
Quote:
Redemption of audiobook recommendations is limited to customers residing in the United States and for titles available on Audible.com.
I thought I posted that part of the press release mentioning the US only restriction. Evidently not. I'll correct that oversight now.
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwardgd View Post
Terrific book! I read, didn't listen, but I loved it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
First, did Katz really use the word "habitués" in a press release?!?

Second, what a cool offer! As usual when I get an offer for free audiobooks, there is not a single thing I can think of that I want, but I'm happy to send what I have to those who want. If we have a book someone requests, should we just PM the requestor, or let TM know so he can strike it off the forum?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm also having trouble thinking of what I want, even though I have an enormous wish list of books I think I want to listen to someday.

My Audible library is heavy on mystery and suspense, if anyone wants me to check for specific titles I might own.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I didn't know you were in the UK. I have some bad news for you.

From the T&C:

I thought I posted that part of the press release mentioning the US only restriction. Evidently not. I'll correct that oversight now.
I've had worse news. But yeah, how mis.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
peterwardgd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Terrific book! I read, didn't listen, but I loved it.
I will probably end up signing up to audible (at least temp!) i was just trying to be cheap as per. Good to know though i've been looking forward to reading/listening to it after i listened to Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage which was very good.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #11
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
How do I post a link to the title I would like to have?
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #12
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
I would like to have The Summer Before the War please.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Would it be OK to list several books--say, three or four?--in hopes that someone will offer to send one of them?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Would it be OK to list several books--say, three or four?--in hopes that someone will offer to send one of them?
Sure; list as many as you want. No restrictions there.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
DuckieTigger -> The Aeronaut's Windlass
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
I would like to have The Summer Before the War please.
Added to the list.