Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #61
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, I read books with more adult themes. But I never went looking for books that were full of sex.
When I was eight or nine I discovered the local library had back issues of National Geographic Magazine.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
When I was eight or nine I discovered the local library had back issues of National Geographic Magazine.
What boy back then didn't look at the African issues of Nat Geo?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 09:18 PM   #63
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This should be up to the parents and not the libraries.
Thumbs up to that!

And FWIW, any bright child or young adult will find ways to access what they want to. For instance, my parents wouldn't let me go see The Godfather movie back when. So I checked the book out of my school library instead.

And, I would have to say, there were definitely passages my parents would probably have preferred I not read.

The crazy thing is, if they hadn't made such a point of NOT allowing me to see the movie, I probably wouldn't have read the book. The same goes for The Exorcist, another movie they wouldn't allow me to see. Parents, be warned....

Now, if these two books had not been available in the school library, I might've had to go further afield or simply wait. But eventually, I'd get to the content I was interested in. These days, it's pretty darn easy to 'get there' via the internet.

I say leave the libraries and librarians be! It's not their responsibility to police what children read.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:56 PM   #64
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm pretty sure just about every teenager with access to the internet has viewed... inappropriate material.
Heck, I remember when inappropriate material was broadcast scrambled on analog cable. Was a sad day when they moved that stuff to digital cable.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote