Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
aikidoka
aikidoka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura One
Angry Kobo Aura One Cannot Boot - Blank Screen

I have the original Kobo Aura One, and this weekend it only show blank page.
I tried to reset it but it doesn't responding.

When I did that, sometimes the led on the top right is blinking but nothing else happened.
Most of the times, pressing the button on the back doesn't result in anything.

When connected to a PC via USB, it doesn't show as device.

Any idea what else I can do?
aikidoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
aikidoka

I don't like the new models with button. So do you think it is worth it if I call kobo and ask them to repair the unit?
Advert
Old 12-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I think that calling customer service is always worthwhile. At worst you stay as you are now.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
try charging it for 24 hrs before attempting to reset it.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
1) Try a different cable, as well, to see if your Kobo is charging.

2) Also, on your current cable, gently jiggle it and observe your desktop to see if the Kobo image will appear.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Charge it for a couple of hours and try again.

If that doesn't work, try a manual factory reset. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2 for instructions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #7
aikidoka

I charged it overnight and this morning tried the manual hard reset, but I think the device is not on at all because the screen is white/blank. And there is no LED light (even when plugged to USB charger)
Old 12-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Try charging for a long time with a different cable and an adapter using a wall socket.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #9
aikidoka

Question

I think the unit has a similar situation like this, I could hear in Windows the beep when I press the button https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275947

Anyone knows if the storage inside is removable?

Last edited by aikidoka; 12-26-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
I think the unit has a similar situation like this, I could hear in Windows the beep when I press the button https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275947

Anyone knows if the storage inside is removable?
The Aura One used eMMC storage so not removable by the average user who does not have a desoldering station. And even with a desoldering station, the chances are about even that the device will survive the operation.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #11
aikidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Aura One used eMMC storage so not removable by the average user who does not have a desoldering station. And even with a desoldering station, the chances are about even that the device will survive the operation.
Thanks DNSB, in this case I will contact Kobo and ask if they can repair it for me.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
aikidoka

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 4.08.02 PM.png
Views:	712
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	175894  
Old 12-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #13
aikidoka

I think I will get ClaraHD, there is a little discount on Boxing Day ...
Old 12-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
aikidoka

On Windows 10, the device is shown as SE Blank MEGREZ
Old 12-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
On Windows 10, the device is shown as SE Blank MEGREZ
That does mean the device is powering up. But, it isn't finding the boot media or partition. Try manual factory reset again. And, all the steps are important. For step 2, I would hold the power button down for at least 20 seconds.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura one