Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #526
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Would you be interested in creating a Tweak to make Calibre not search for cover/create cover when missing when books are added to Calibre?

Also would you add a tweak to make the metadata in separate file option in the save to disk (see attachment) library specific, like you've done with the template and cover options?

Thanks so much in advance.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #527
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Would you be interested in creating a Tweak to make Calibre not search for cover/create cover when missing when books are added to Calibre?

Also would you add a tweak to make the metadata in separate file option in the save to disk (see attachment) library specific, like you've done with the template and cover options?

Thanks so much in advance.
Why not embed the covers/metadata if the future usage is Importing?
The Quality Check PI can find books with missing covers or off-sized

I can't believe any user that is fussy about metadata not regularly using the many checks that Kiwidude included in this PI
The FIX section is my regularly used section to flip authors with commas, make their initials Uniform within MY Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #528
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why not embed the covers/metadata if the future usage is Importing?
I mostly use Calibre to download fanfiction and the size of the stories are at most 300-500 kb and to add covers to this would be at least 100 kb as well.

I save the stories to make sure I have a copy on another hdd, and would much prefer if they were as small as possible.

There's no automatic cover in the fanfiction when I download (my choice) and would much prefer if Calibre didn't automatically generate/create something if I needed to import something again.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #529
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I mostly use Calibre to download fanfiction and the size of the stories are at most 300-500 kb and to add covers to this would be at least 100 kb as well.

I save the stories to make sure I have a copy on another hdd, and would much prefer if they were as small as possible.

There's no automatic cover in the fanfiction when I download (my choice) and would much prefer if Calibre didn't automatically generate/create something if I needed to import something again.
Why not just save those into another Library (instead of loose)?
Copy to Library (do not select the delete option) would make a copy with the Library containing the metadata and NOT adding it to the book)
Old 10-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #530
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Why not just save those into another Library (instead of loose)?
Copy to Library (do not select the delete option) would make a copy with the Library containing the metadata and NOT adding it to the book)
Then I would get the size of the database-file as well, they take up a lot of size as well.
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #531
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Then I would get the size of the database-file as well, they take up a lot of size as well.
Huh! Yes they have size. Large comments and lots of custom columns make it bigger. But that much space, that it become significant?
my Magazine collection (446 items, sparse to no comments. 6 standard type custom columns ), the metadata.db is 1.3M
My main Library (with lots of comments present: many that have had the fluff & pufferey pruned, leaving a synopsis) is only 49M
Is this gyration pain worth it?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #532
Tanjamuse
Wizard

In one of the biggest fanfiction libraries the database is 450 mb
Old 10-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #533
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
In one of the biggest fanfiction libraries the database is 450 mb
The comments/custom columns must be huge.
The cover (usually a big file) is NOT in the DB. Only the pointer to the title folder that contains cover.jpg
Old 10-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #534
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Job Spy Quality Fixes: Auto-Added & Manually Selected

Quote:
The FIX section is my regularly used section to flip authors with commas, make their initials Uniform within MY Library

Job Spy has an automatic tool to do the above plus a whole lot more upon auto-add, as well as manually for selected books. See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_automatic_quality_fixes_options.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	713.3 KB
ID:	174273  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #535
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Does that mean that you will add the tweak to not search for/create cover when adding books/epubs to Calibre?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #536
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does that mean that you will add the tweak to not search for/create cover when adding books/epubs to Calibre?

It is not a "Tweak" unless you can tell me the exact Preferences > ... menu path for the standard Calibre yes/no indicator/checkbox/dropdown that controls the standard action that is currently "Calibre-wide" rather than Library-specific.

I think you are asking for a "Tweak" that does not have an underlying Calibre-wide setting. If so, it is not a "Tweak".

I assume that the standard Calibre Bulk Metadata Edit "Remove Cover" option does not work for you.

What is the exact (existing) Preferences path you want to make Library-specific rather than always Calibre-wide?

DaltonST
Old 10-17-2019, 01:22 AM   #537
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I hadn't seen the standard "Remove Cover" option in the metadata section when editing multiple books at once.

Thanks for pointing that out, that will work just fine.

Regarding the option to make "Save Metadata in separate OPF file" library specific like the option for saving the cover, would you make an option in the plugin for that?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #538
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.164 New GUI Tool #62

Version 1.0.164 -2019-10-18 New GUI Tool: Per-Library Tweak to Specify 'Saving Books to Disk: Save Metadata in OPF File' Option by Library

Remember to read the ToolTips in JS Customizing by hovering your mouse over each widget and area of the JS Customizing window.

DaltonST
Old 10-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #539
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.165 Enhancements to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata"

Version 1.0.165 -2019-10-23 Enhancements to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata".

CSV column matching on Calibre standard columns now supported.

See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_20191023.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	174477  
Old 10-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #540
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Enhancements to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata".

CSV column matching on Calibre standard columns now supported.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools