Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #286
Fanchee
Connoisseur
Fanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notes

Device: Aura H20, PRS-350, Kobo Aura HD
Does anyone have a white T1 with a red Sony case, either the standard or the lighted version, that they can show pics of? I have searched high and low for an image of this and just can't seem to find one. Thanks!
Fanchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #287
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanchee View Post
Does anyone have a white T1 with a red Sony case, either the standard or the lighted version, that they can show pics of? I have searched high and low for an image of this and just can't seem to find one. Thanks!
No, but I have a red one with a white case. I can take a picture of that if you'd just like to see how the colours look together.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #288
Fanchee
Connoisseur
Fanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notes

That would be great, thank you!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #289
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
BookArmor Shield Edition feels like it could standup against some beating. Haven't realy tried it yet for serious beating...
I'll look it up, thanks.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #290
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
I'm curious about this. I have a white reader with a white case, and the case is looking a little grubby after about a month. That said, I haven't tried to clean it yet.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #291
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope I attached the picture correctly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	82240  
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #292
lkkmaths
lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3; PRS-350
I have seen white T1 with standard red cover. It's just beautiful. I do not have the photo, though.
lkkmaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #293
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
I've had previous generations of the Bookarmor covers for my PRS 505 and 950 readers. They were well built and VERY rugged providing great protection to the easily damaged Eink screen.

With my T1- I have a Standard Sony T1 folder that is inside of a generic EVA case. Although it is not as strong as the Bookarmor, it seems to meet my current needs.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #294
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I was hoping the official Sony cover would grow on me and I could forget it's pricing but I've had it less than a week haven't abused it in anyway and already the cover is starting to fray at the corners. I also don't feel very confident it would protect the reader I fear the excess weight with no real protection added would in fact make any accidental drops worse.

Just a really bad overpriced product the only half decent thing about it is the light.

My advice is to go third party and if possible view the product beforehand.

Last edited by Teknikal; 02-07-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #295
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I was hoping the official Sony cover would grow on me and I could forget it's pricing but I've had it less than a week haven't abused it in anyway and already the cover is starting to fray at the corners.
Just a really bad overpriced product the only half decent thing about it is the light.
I have never seen the cover with the light, but can I assume it is different from the regular Sony cover? (I mean, aside from just the light) Because I cannot see how my cover could fray at the corners; it seems very well built, and priced reasonably at $19.99. (from Sony Canada)

I have a white reader in a white case, and it looks amazing. I was a bit surprised to discover that the white case I ordered is actually two-toned; the white is more of a cream, and most of its front cover is closer to a beige.

Anyway, I have only had it a short time, but I wouldn't think that it is something that could easily fray. Is the lighted version built differently, or perhaps is made from a different material than the regular model?

Glen
camperbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #296
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperbc View Post
I have never seen the cover with the light, but can I assume it is different from the regular Sony cover? (I mean, aside from just the light) Because I cannot see how my cover could fray at the corners; it seems very well built, and priced reasonably at $19.99. (from Sony Canada)

I have a white reader in a white case, and it looks amazing. I was a bit surprised to discover that the white case I ordered is actually two-toned; the white is more of a cream, and most of its front cover is closer to a beige.

Anyway, I have only had it a short time, but I wouldn't think that it is something that could easily fray. Is the lighted version built differently, or perhaps is made from a different material than the regular model?

Glen
It's the top material on the front flap that's starting to fray and to be frank it is a cheap material I've barely touched it and I can see it starting to fray before a single week,and I presume exactly the same stuff as the non lighted cover.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #297
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
It's the top material on the front flap that's starting to fray and to be frank it is a cheap material I've barely touched it and I can see it starting to fray before a single week,and I presume exactly the same stuff as the non lighted cover.
Odd, I have had my Sony T-1 lighted cover (in black) for nearly 6 months, used it heavily, and it looks like it did the day I bought it.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #298
Fanchee
Connoisseur

Thanks for the pic!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #299
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Thanks for the pic!
No problem! Have you decided on your colour scheme?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #300
CrackerJibbs
CrackerJibbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1; Kindle Paperwhite 2; Kobo Glo HD
First of all, I just want to introduce myself and say 'thanks' to everyone for all the great advice on this site. I spent a long time lurking here before deciding to pick up the PRS-T1 as my first eReader.

Now for my question: I am happy with the device overall, but the glare is driving me insane. I'm going to order DecalGirl's matte black skin, but I am concerned that it will make it so the reader won't fit into the Sony case I bought for it.

Does anyone know if the skin will or will not work with the Sony case?

I'm sure this has likely been answered, but I couldn't find anything with a quick search so I figured I would take the opportunity to make my first post here.

Last edited by CrackerJibbs; 02-08-2012 at 01:43 PM.
CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote