Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #91
odamizu
maniac
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Is there any benefit in this plugin over dropping the epub file into Kindle Previewer? Serious question, not a snark!
The plug-in allows you to insert a genuine Amazon ASIN. If you sideload the resulting AZW3 onto your Kindle, you will get covers on the Kindle home screen, and it will be treated as a "Book" rather than a "Doc." (However, if you transfer the book using Send-to-Kindle, Amazon will override the ASIN with a new one, so this trick only works with USB-transfer.)

The plug-in will also generate a thumbnail image if you want to manually transfer the cover to your Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh2050 View Post
how I can use this with this negative margin script should I make it as azw then import to sigil and lastly export?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...17&postcount=8
I'm not entirely sure what your goal is or what the negative margin script does, but I adjust margins by inserting the following in the CSS stylesheet:
Code:
@media amzn-kf8 {
	p, h1, h2, h3 {
		margin-left: -20px; 
		margin-right: -20px; 
		}
	}
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #92
msh2050
msh2050 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
The plug-in allows you to insert a genuine Amazon ASIN. If you sideload the resulting AZW3 onto your Kindle, you will get covers on the Kindle home screen, and it will be treated as a "Book" rather than a "Doc." (However, if you transfer the book using Send-to-Kindle, Amazon will override the ASIN with a new one, so this trick only works with USB-transfer.)

The plug-in will also generate a thumbnail image if you want to manually transfer the cover to your Kindle.

I'm not entirely sure what your goal is or what the negative margin script does, but I adjust margins by inserting the following in the CSS stylesheet:
Code:
@media amzn-kf8 {
	p, h1, h2, h3 {
		margin-left: -20px; 
		margin-right: -20px; 
		}
	}
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #93
odamizu
maniac
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
My KindleGen plugin is primarily intended for KDP authors and book designers. All other users are better off simply using Calibre ...
I much prefer the Sigil+Kindlegen plugin combination to Calibre, and I'm not an author or book designer.

Thank you, Doitsu!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote