Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
BOYUE Likebook Plus (Carta 7.8''- 4core processor)

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/BOYUE...OrigTitle=true

It seems alluring. Does anyone know whether the company's software is reliable?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

Device: T62c, Kobo Aura 1
Highly interesting for me. Hope they improved battery life.

Anyway, planning on getting it after reading some reviews.
bn_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/BOYUE...OrigTitle=true

It seems alluring. Does anyone know whether the company's software is reliable?
Given that you are not in a foreign language section of the MR, please post the English language link. It's Ok to also post the Spanish link, but if you do, also post the English link.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOYU...6-88a6f85b349e
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I didn't intend to comunicate in another language. Simply, I failed to notice I have linked it
Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
In China you can also find it with the name Boyue Paper. It is (almost) the same model discussed in this post (Icarus Illumina XL HD). Apparently there are slight differences between the two models. They talk about it in the comments here, in Goodereader

Last edited by colibris79; 09-22-2017 at 09:13 PM.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Given the page turn problems I have with my t63 using the screen, I'm not going to buy a Boyue with no buttons.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #7
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
Given the page turn problems I have with my t63 using the screen, I'm not going to buy a Boyue with no buttons.
With with apps do you have problems?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #8
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
With with apps do you have problems?
I haven't tried. I'll give it a go, thanks. That said I'm happy with the readers that come with it, I don't need any more features that apps seem to come overloaded with.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #9
frenchheart
frenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Does anyone know if it s OTG compatible?
do boyue have a website?
thks

Last edited by frenchheart; 09-25-2017 at 11:38 AM.
frenchheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchheart View Post
do boyue have a website?
thks
Boyue does have a website. But it's in Chinese or Japanese. The problem is most of the text is in the graphics so Google Translate won't work well enough.

http://www.boyue.com/

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-25-2017 at 01:05 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #11
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchheart View Post
Does anyone know if it s OTG compatible?
do boyue have a website?
thks
It seems it is OTG compatible (or that is what it says in the Chinese description). Boyue website is not the best. Only has information about the JDRead and the T80 (nothing about this last model or previous ones). The information you can read in their online store in Chinese, is mainly the same you can see in the Aliexpress link listed above (although this one, since it was translated directly from Chinese, has some funny translations )

Last edited by colibris79; 09-26-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #12
colibris79
Zealot

Here you can see a post (in Chinese) comparing it with the JDRead. In that post it doesn't mention the OTG.
A video (in Chinese) where when can see how it manages pdf.
Another video where we can see the reading app
And here a video comparing the T80 and the Paper model (Likebook Plus). This last model doesn't have a Micro SD card
Old 09-25-2017, 11:37 PM   #13
frenchheart
frenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enoughfrenchheart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Thks for your answers.
last things to know, is how the android app works on it, AND how they look likes?
frenchheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:32 AM   #14
viceant
Addict

Someone uploaded a video yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRyWOwRTLcU

It seems quite fast, doesn't it?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #15
colibris79
Zealot

First impressions

Hi guys.
I got my Boyue Paper (o Likebook Plus) a few days ago. And I can tell you that I am very happy with it. I was just what I was looking for. The screen is nice (both definition, touch-reaction and backlight) and the firmware works smoothly. Battery performance is not bad at all for this kind of Android devices. It comes with Google Play installed so you can install whatever you want. It also has OTG and Bluetooth.

On the downside I have to say that it doesn't have page-turn buttons (it doesn't have a reset button). It doesn't have a Micro-SD slot (although I don't think it is necessary since it has 16G of internal storage). The device is rootable but it seems the firmware update tools stops working when rooted. So in order to update you would have to unroot, update and the root again. It also seems that installing Xposed could block the device. I find the weight a little bit too much (290gr), specially compared to the Kobo Aura One which is only 230gr.

One last thing, if you want to use Goldendict don't install the Google play version because it won't work inside other apps. You have install either the GoldenDict-1.6.5-Android-3.0+ version or the normal GoldenDict-1.6.5 from their website:
Free version
Paid version

If you want a deeper analysis I have posted it in this Spanish forum
Overall I think it is a great e-reader and it is the one I am using all the time at home. And if you have further questions just let me know.

EDIT: Used Root Master for rooting.

Last edited by colibris79; 10-18-2017 at 06:11 PM.