Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
Ridcully
Enthusiast
Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10th gen. Paperwhite (2018)
Column for books transferred to eReader

Is there a plugin that lets me keep track which books I've sent to my eReader in a special column. Kind of like the "On Device" column that shows up when I connect it to the computer, but this would also be accessible when the eReader is disconnected.
Ridcully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
IIRC some people use the Reading List plugin to keep track of what's on their devices ==>> Index of plugins

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-11-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2020, 06:43 PM   #3
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I second the Reading List plugin. Works great for me.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
Ridcully
Enthusiast
Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10th gen. Paperwhite (2018)
Thanks, took me a bit to figure it out tho. Looks like I have to add the books to the reading list instead of using Send to device, no way around this?
Ridcully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
Thanks, took me a bit to figure it out tho. Looks like I have to add the books to the reading list instead of using Send to device, no way around this?
The purpose of the reading list is to know what books to send. And it can be configured to automatically do the send-to-device when the device is connected. Or, you can do it yourself.

Your question is one that comes up reasonably often. The last time was https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...73#post3940173. It does have a couple of suggestions that might be what you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #6
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
Use the auto-populated reading list, with an optional custom #status column you can view the status directly or match it with an icon rule (Calibre settings, look and feel).

See attachment:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	on_device.png
Views:	82
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	177083   Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_rule.png
Views:	72
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	177084   Click image for larger version

Name:	custom_col.png
Views:	62
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	177085  

Last edited by uli; 02-11-2020 at 09:40 PM.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote