Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #1
devster
devster began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
Automated ebook management

Hello all,
I finally got around to buy an iPad and I’m trying to set up an automated system to feed books to it and to my Android phone.
I have a headless server (more a NAS really) at home on which I would like to run something like calibre to auto-import books from a certain folder, calibre would then organise the books into a Dropbox folder or to a directory served by COPS. As an alternative I’d be ok with any app (needs to be Android and iOS, possibly also web) which allows me to sync books and position between them (still using Dropbox).
In short I’m looking for an importer/organiser, a book server, and an app to consume books.

Is any of this feasible? Any suggestions?
Thank you.
devster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
As an alternative I’d be ok with any app (needs to be Android and iOS, possibly also web) which allows me to sync books and position between them (still using Dropbox).
As an alternative I would like to introduce you to BookFusion. You will be able to sync your eBooks between Android, iOs and Web. However, it is not currently integrated with Dropbox but provides a Calibre plugin. More at https://www.bookfusion.com/reading/calibre

PS: Founder at BookFusion. Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, calibre, headless, ios, server