Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #196
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
If you haven't read the original novel Spartacus, I recommend it. It's a great work conceived by the author while imprisoned during the McCarthy era. It's nothing like the film; a different story altogether.
I was talking about the HBO series, not the Kirk Douglas movie. I liked the movie and yes I'm familiar with the story of Howard Fast. Let's just say that Fast was apparently not a student of Roman History.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #197
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 3a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
This is actually an attempt to monopolise web serials.

Historically magazines and papers were easier to get published in than by a book publisher. Vella makes no sense for writers or readers, only for Amazon.
I don't know if THIS iteration is going to be successful or not. But the popularity of short video marketing (YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok) tells me the market for intellectual property is changing. I think modern, younger users, are interested in short, SHORT media experiences. This is a valid experiment in my eyes. Writers need to consider if their stories can be tailored to fit into a short-read format.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #198
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I don't know if THIS iteration is going to be successful or not. But the popularity of short video marketing (YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok) tells me the market for intellectual property is changing. I think modern, younger users, are interested in short, SHORT media experiences. This is a valid experiment in my eyes. Writers need to consider if their stories can be tailored to fit into a short-read format.
I guess Twitter and Vine have been attempts to find the edge of that envelope.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote