Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
360 deadish -- battery indicator?

My 360 fails me so often now it's become unworkable. But I'm wondering: is there a known possible bug with the battery indicator in the reading display? Because it does indicate the battery is full almost all of the time for me. But maybe the device is failing only because the battery is actually drained?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, let me add: because although the battery indicator is nearly always at 'full', whenever I plug the device in to the computer or to an outlet, the green light turns red (indicating the device is charging), and usually stays red for a *long* while.
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
Larrie
Enthusiast
Larrie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600, PB 360, Ectaco JB, Kindle DX, PRS 950, M90
I think I may have the same problem. The battery seems to last forever from the indicator. Then the device becomes unresponsive after it loses a bar or two only and green light turns red. I was trying to browse around this forum to look for a way to recalibrate the battery indicator..

At first I thought wow! the PB360 is really amazing as compared to my sony 600 and iriver (I never use the audio option on these). I think it is still better, but not way, way better and probably due to a faulty battery indicator..
Larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Sounds more like a battery issue.
My PB360 battery charge indicator is mostly linear. The bars do go down proportional to the remaining charge. And the pop-up remaining-charge number in GrayNM FBReader seems pretty accurate.

Hmm, do you do the bulk of your reading in Adobeviewer?
Maybe its the ADE status bar that has a battery charge issue?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
franklekens
Addict

No, I do all my reading in FBreader 1.81 or thereabouts (not sure about the exact version number). I wonder whether the theme may affect it, I used LastOpen. I'll switch to the minifred theme (and to the default if the problem recurs again).
And maybe switch off the rotation sensor.
Also, it seems to take ages to charge the thing. Assuming it was empty around noon, it's been plugged in for 4 or 5 hours now and the indicator is still red, so it's still not fully charged yet.
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I'm using FIVE as my theme of choice, fwiw.

Don't really know how long the thing takes to charge as I charge it overnight.

Do you have it set to turn off after XX minutes or just running fulltime?
The PB360 does eat up battery power when not in used, even in lockdown.
With the fast boot time of the PB360, I have it set to fully shut down if I haven't turned it off when I set it aside.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
No, I do all my reading in FBreader 1.81 or thereabouts (not sure about the exact version number). I wonder whether the theme may affect it, I used LastOpen. I'll switch to the minifred theme (and to the default if the problem recurs again).
And maybe switch off the rotation sensor.
Also, it seems to take ages to charge the thing. Assuming it was empty around noon, it's been plugged in for 4 or 5 hours now and the indicator is still red, so it's still not fully charged yet.
Frank, please charge your 360° for an extended time (at least 8 hours) Please do a reset before doing this (Open the batterylid to do that) Please backup your reader before doing that.. If that doesn't help, please send your reader to support with a description of what's wrong.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote