Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
briefer666
briefer666 began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Dropbox implementation?

Hi,

just an idea. I have my Calibre collection in Dropbox. Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a GUI Extension to be able to read those books?

Then we would have unlimited storage capacity

cheers,
briefer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Or you just create a bookmark in the experimenatl browser and load your books via this link. It works like this.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
briefer666

I will try, but I don't think it work
Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'd like to have something similar for Google Drive. I think the kindles are set up pretty well for this. We just need synchronization scripts (there are a few out there) adapted to the Kindle (should not be too hard, but they might have fancy dependencies) and trigger them (and means for that are present on all Kindles, I think). Quite simple, actually. But so many ideas, so many projects and so little time....
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I'd like to have something similar for Google Drive. I think the kindles are set up pretty well for this. We just need synchronization scripts (there are a few out there) adapted to the Kindle (should not be too hard, but they might have fancy dependencies) and trigger them (and means for that are present on all Kindles, I think). Quite simple, actually. But so many ideas, so many projects and so little time....
Are we talking of your Kpdf application here?

As mentioned in other posts, Kindles have libcurl installed and there is a binding (actually, two different bindings) for Lua to libcurl.

Note 1: I have not looked at libcurl for a long time now, if it supports WebDAV protocol, then you can leave your books on a private (or shared) cloud.

Note 2: Kindles are Linux. With the davfs2 filesystem module loaded, Linux can just mount a WebDAV cloud into the Kindles filesystem, same as any other device with a filesystem on it.
If Amazon didn't build the davfs2 module for their kernels, well, we can...

Should not be all that big a project to open a network:*.pdf rather than a file:*.pdf for Kpdf.
Let Amazon figure out how to do that with their own pdf application.

Edit:
Amazon has provided a Lua binding to their lipc, at least in the KT-v5.1.0 image I am currently looking at.

Last edited by knc1; 06-06-2012 at 07:28 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefer666 View Post
I will try, but I don't think it work
It DOES work. But you have to navigate to the respective mobi file in the folder structure. It is not the most comfortable way, but at least a workaround.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
kubrick89
kubrick89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
You can use calibre + dropbox + calibre2opds to create an online catalog... than just bookmark your catalog link and you are done...
kubrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #8
briefer666

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
It DOES work. But you have to navigate to the respective mobi file in the folder structure. It is not the most comfortable way, but at least a workaround.
Confirmed, it works. I never though that Amazon will allow downloading .mobi files and adding them automatically to the Kindle!

Thank you!