Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2021, 05:08 PM   #106
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Post New release

Version 2.9.0 relesed withh some qualty and performance improvements.
Added dithering support.
It improves image quality by getting rid of the staircase effect that can be seen in color gradients. You can enable it in the settings.

https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/releases

Last edited by OfficerAction; 02-06-2021 at 05:34 AM.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:33 AM   #107
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Post New release

Released version 2.9.1

Fixed a bug where double pages were not rendered in the correct size in some cases.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #108
dem1980fr
Enthusiast
dem1980fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Hello, how do we use UMR with files we copy manually to the device, like .cbz ?
Have we to download files or can we also copy them to the device ?
Thank you
dem1980fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #109
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem1980fr View Post
Hello, how do we use UMR with files we copy manually to the device, like .cbz ?
Have we to download files or can we also copy them to the device ?
Thank you
UMR doesn't support any manually copied media. For .cbz files you can just copy them over and use the regular Kobo firmware do read them
Old 02-17-2021, 06:59 AM   #110
Aramir
Enthusiast
Aramir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O & Glo & Glo HD
Is it possible to "refresh the screen" for a longer period (Making it display a negative of the page for a short period) when changing page? As I noticed (on my libra h20) when using this app that the previous page persist much longer than the official reader (wich seems to "refresh the screen") making it quite uncomfortable sometimes. In the worst conditions I can have remaining artficats from 2/3 pages ago. It is very noticable on manwha like "Tower of gods" for instance.

Also I noticed that the luminosity and color sliders do not affect anything unless I put the tablet to spleep and reopen it (wich sometimes cause it to freeze on the "connecting to wifi" message, but that's rare and might be due to the fact that I am relatively far off the wifi anthena)

ps : sorry mods for triple post ... I noticed another problem in the meanwhile
Aramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:24 AM   #111
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramir View Post
Is it possible to "refresh the screen" for a longer period (Making it display a negative of the page for a short period) when changing page? As I noticed (on my libra h20) when using this app that the previous page persist much longer than the official reader (wich seems to "refresh the screen") making it quite uncomfortable sometimes. In the worst conditions I can have remaining artficats from 2/3 pages ago. It is very noticable on manwha like "Tower of gods" for instance.
You are right
Turns out there there is all this ghosting because the wrong waveform gets used for fullscreen update
Well there should be a fix out soon.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:18 AM   #112
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I have just installed it on my Kobo Libra H2O. Getting the rotation option to be correct was a bit of a hassle (90°) but now it's working just fine. The reading experience is also really good :-*

Have you thought about integrating kitsu/MAL for reading progress? tachiyomi has something like it.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:46 AM   #113
Aramir
Enthusiast
Aramir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O & Glo & Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
You are right
Turns out there there is all this ghosting because the wrong waveform gets used for fullscreen update
Well there should be a fix out soon.
Nice thanks for your work
Aramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:54 PM   #114
lonku
lonku began at the beginning.

Device: Asus EEE Note, Kobo Aura HD
So I've been using UMR 2.3.0 on my Kobo Aura HD for a while
worked great but recently had issues loading pages so decided to upgrade

the new update gives me an offset touchscreen issue

my settings are:
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=90:touchsc reen_invert_x=0:touchscreen_invert_y=0:logicaldpit arget=108

this gives my the corrent orientation for touch input, but the input is offset to the right, which means I cannot click the top left menu

Is there something i can do to tweak this offset issue?
lonku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:26 AM   #115
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Have you thought about integrating kitsu/MAL for reading progress? tachiyomi has something like it.
No plans for that for now.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:30 AM   #116
Watanabe
Watanabe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura one
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Released version 2.9.1

Fixed a bug where double pages were not rendered in the correct size in some cases.

Thankyou pro

It’s working very well in kobo aura one
Please add source: nettruyen.com, truyentranhtuan.com
For vietnammese manga

Thank you very much
Watanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:22 AM   #117
GonD
GonD began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanabe View Post
Thankyou pro

For vietnammese manga

Thank you very much
agree,or maybe you can make a tutorial to let everyone can add custom websites to your app.This'll let everyone can read manga by their own language
GonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:59 AM   #118
Watanabe
Watanabe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonD View Post
agree,or maybe you can make a tutorial to let everyone can add custom websites to your app.This'll let everyone can read manga by their own language
Thank your advice
Watanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:43 PM   #119
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

New release

Version 2.10.0 got released!
Added an option to show double pages in clockwise or counterclockwise rotation.
Fixed a bug that led to more ghosting then necassary.
Minor performance improvements.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #120
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanabe View Post
For vietnammese manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonD View Post
Sorry, but I won't add non-english websites myself because it's a lot of work for me and not many people benefit from that

If you want you can try to add them yourself but some programming skills will be necessary for that.
Because every website is a bit different and many have some form of obfuscation there is also not really a one-fits-all template.
But the basic idea is you want to find regexes that extract all the information from the website. First is a list of all the manga names and links. Then from a mangalink you want to get info about the manga (author, ect...) and a chapterlist with names and links. And finally from the chapterlink you want to get a list of all the pages with the imagelinks.
You can take a look into the source code, in the folder mangasources are all the "connectors" for the different websites. You can add your own and build the app with that. If you still want to do that i can go into more detail, but take a look first