Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #121
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
ReLaunchX 2.0

I had some time to improve the app. Unfortunately the F-droid system has some issues and some changes are waiting for 3 weeks by now. So as in the old days, the latest apk is attached in zip.

This time I decided to bump up the version to 2.0.

Please do not import old settings!
Delete existing app. Install fresh and customize the settings.
I forgot to keep track on the compatibility and I'm almost sure some settings are not compatible. Importing old settings may cause app crashes.

Changes:
- Support for Onyx Boox Max2
- Reworked layout for hdpi devices, it was crazy small.
- UI speed improvements, not that much but still.
- Reworked search screen.
- New UI mode (by default): file extension imitating icons.

It is possible to revert to displaying icons of associated apps Settings > Advanced Settings >Appearance > Show icons in file list
It is faster to draw text than apply icon image but it depends on your device if it makes any visible speed difference. On Onyx all files default to ReLaunchX icon due to Intent action assigned so the new mode looks nicer.

As always if you find any bug please report but I cannot promise when I'll touch the code again.

Hope F-droid soon update the app.

EDIT: Removed attachment as I added it to the first post in this thread for convenience.

Last edited by plusz; 02-01-2018 at 08:22 AM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #122
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
This time I decided to bump up the version to 2.0.
I'm a little confused. Is it possible to launch existing installed apps like Calibre Companion or Moon+Reader from this APK?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-22-2018 at 11:37 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2018, 05:26 AM   #123
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm a little confused. Is it possible to launch existing installed apps like Calibre Companion or Moon+Reader from this APK?
Of course it is possible.

The app can work in two modes:
- books manager only (picture 3)
- launcher and books manager (picture 1 and 2)

To have the bottom toolbar, where the app launcher, task manager, etc. functions are accessible you need to make your tablet use ReLaunchX as a launcher. Displaying the launcher toolbar all the time despite the work mode would be very confusing. When you have a different launcher active in the system you fall back to it whenever you press the device home button, exit from apps, etc.

For most devices it is as simple as to choose ReLaunchX when the device boots or when you press device home button after installing ReLaunchX, on other devices it may be tricky, possibly via device settings or eventually only through rooting.

ReLaunchX 2 as a launcher, default view
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_RL_default_launcher.png
Views:	1224
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	161761

ReLaunchX 2 as a launcher, icons view

Name:	2_RL_icons_launcher.png
Views:	1334
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	161762

ReLaunchX 2 as a book manager only

Name:	3_RL_icons_exploer.png
Views:	1183
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	161763
Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 AM   #124
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
For most devices it is as simple as to choose ReLaunchX when the device boots or when you press device home button after installing ReLaunchX, on other devices it may be tricky, possibly via device settings or eventually only through rooting.
Thank you. I never noticed the bottom row before.

FYI it seems to be working fine on my Icarus Illumia XL HD (Boyue T80s) which currently has the Boyue Likebook Plus (Boyue T80s) firmware installed.

Edit: I have ReLaunchX 2.0 installed.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-23-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:47 AM   #125
Uguptu
Enthusiast
Uguptu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST GL, Onyx Prometheus 2
Thanks for the update! however being unable to import the old sttings is a bummer, especially for the owners of buggy onyxes.
Uguptu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #126
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uguptu View Post
Thanks for the update! however being unable to import the old sttings is a bummer, especially for the owners of buggy onyxes.
F-Droid is working again

Please skipp the 2.0 version. A few minor bugs were just fixed and pushed as version 2.0.2 which should be build by F-Droid soon. This version will have no upgrade issue, you can import old settings.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 PM   #127
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
F-Droid is working again

Please skipp the 2.0 version. A few minor bugs were just fixed and pushed as version 2.0.2 which should be build by F-Droid soon. This version will have no upgrade issue, you can import old settings.
Thank you for your work on this project. I am using 2.0 on my BOYUE Likebook Plus (T80s) with no known issues at this time. Any idea when F-Droid will put 2.0.2 up (or better yet 2.1). You said to skip 2.0 but it has been 3 days now and F-Droid is still showing 2.0000 as the current version.

Thanks again.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:03 AM   #128
Uguptu
Enthusiast
Uguptu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST GL, Onyx Prometheus 2
Quote:
Great, thank you! I've updated through the F-Droid, settings are fine. It seems that this version is more stable

edit: I've just noticed v 2.0.0 was installed. I don't see any problems yet.

Last edited by Uguptu; 01-31-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Uguptu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #129
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Thank you for your work on this project. I am using 2.0 on my BOYUE Likebook Plus (T80s) with no known issues at this time. Any idea when F-Droid will put 2.0.2 up (or better yet 2.1). You said to skip 2.0 but it has been 3 days now and F-Droid is still showing 2.0000 as the current version.

Thanks again.
Sadly the f-droid guys have a lot of work to do...
https://forum.f-droid.org/t/is-the-f...-broken/195/58

Latest entry, 8 days ago:
Quote:
We have just merged a fix that hopefully will work around the most major problem right now: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidserv...requests/43722

That will need a few more days of testing before it’ll get deployed. After that the buildserver can hopefully start working through that backlog here: https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Catego...iling_builds33

(It’s called failing builds, but most of these are just unbuilt-apps)

It’'ll still take a week or so to built ~150 apps probably.
2.0 is fine overall. I was also hoping that f-droid will update the app soon so I suggested to take the latest. Yes, I have already removed the 2.0.2 tag, it does not make sense to build it since I have included more fixes and tagged version 2.1.0. As always you can read the change log on the github to see what's comming
Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #130
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
2.0 is fine overall. I was also hoping that f-droid will update the app soon so I suggested to take the latest. Yes, I have already removed the 2.0.2 tag, it does not make sense to build it since I have included more fixes and tagged version 2.1.0. As always you can read the change log on the github to see what's comming
You can always ZIP the APK and attach it to the first post in this thread.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #131
plusz
Addict

Quote:
You can always ZIP the APK and attach it to the first post in this thread.
Great idea

Done, enjoy!
Old 02-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #132
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Great idea

Done, enjoy!
Excellent! thanks
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #133
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Thank you for job!
I have some notes and wishes (RelaunchX 2.1):
1. Screen button "One level up" (I don't remember its new name) not highlighted in black when you clicked on it.
2. Please return "size choice" in "Appearance" (size fonts for folders and files, size icons and etc).
3. Add please highlight in black for directories and files when you clicked on them (like screen buttons).

Last edited by M_Faust; 02-03-2018 at 06:41 PM.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #134
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Thank you for job!
I have some notes and wishes (RelaunchX 2.1):
1. Screen button "One level up" (I don't remember its new name) not highlighted in black when you clicked on it.
2. Please return "size choice" in "Appearance" (size fonts for folders and files, size icons and etc).
3. Add please highlight in black for directories and files when you clicked on them (like screen buttons).
Ad 2. There is a one generic size choice setting which is still called "List Font Size". When you apply a change through it the setting propagate proportionally to icon size, first line font size, second line (smaller) font size... I have found it bizarre to have a setting like that and yet a few more settings to adjust the things individually so I cleaned up the logic a bit. Have you ever used the generic setting/is it fine for you or you still would like to see the old fine-tune options?

Ad 3. Nothing really changed here. I'll check it.

Ad 1. The button was altered to hold the two icons on the right and a long-press action but apart from that it should still show the press animation as usual unless you press it while you are at the top level directory and there is no way to go up...

PS. when reporting issues it is helpful to indicate the device and OS version. I assume you reported it for Max as it is stated on your profile ;-)

Last edited by plusz; 02-09-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #135
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

My Info
Device: Boyue Likebook Plus T80s
Android: 4.2.2
ReLaunchX: 2.1

Currently this launcher is working great for me. In regards to reported issues. Here is my feedback.

Quote:
Quote:
The button was altered to hold the two icons on the right and a long-press action but apart from that it should still show the press animation as usual unless you press it while you are at the top level directory and there is no way to go up...
There is currently no press animation at any level for the One Level Up button.

Quote:
Quote:
There is a one generic size choice setting which is still called "List Font Size". When you apply a change through it the setting propagate proportionally to icon size, first line font size, second line (smaller) font size... I have found it bizarre to have a setting like that and yet a few more settings to adjust the things individually so I cleaned up the logic a bit. Have you ever used the generic setting/is it fine for you or you still would like to see the old fine-tune options?
I like this consolidation. Between the android display size setting and the "List Font Size" it is easy to adjust the settings for my older eyes.

Quote:
Quote:
Nothing really changed here. I'll check it.
Nothing might have changed but when any file or folder is pressed there is no press animation indicating that it has been pressed.