Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #16
Maui
Connoisseur
Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2
Save early, save often was essential while playing Space Quest, Police Quest etc. But no longer after Monkey Island
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:27 AM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara,Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Save early, save often was essential while playing Space Quest, Police Quest etc. But no longer after Monkey Island
I see we share game background
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #18
arakish
arakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheese

Device: PC
And I must agree with BetterRed. The saying I remember is SOSH: Save Often, Save Habitually. And that saying has been with me since 1978. 40 years of building and using computers has always taught me to definitely SOSH.

The other one is BASH: Backup All Sh_t Habitually.

rmfr
arakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #19
JustinThought
Zealot
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Sigil may be rock-like stable, but I'm not. I'm of an age where everything I do is risky Two of my long-standing maxims are Save Frequently and Backup Habitually - the older I get, the more apposite they get

BR
I'm with you on that. You'd oughtta see some of the wonderful (not!) things I can accomplish with just a little Regex search. So I try to his CTRL-S before I do one, just to be on the safe side. It's easier to re-open the document than it is to try and go back and fix those 7,342 replacements that shouldn't have happened.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote