Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question Help needed: Epubinfo.app for Pocketbook - adjust to screen resolution

I installed the epubinfo.app found in this thread (in Themes_4.4.x.zip) on my Pocketbook Touch HD with 1072 x 1448 dpi. The app shows the metadata and works if you add an entry into extensions.cfg, but the font size is really tiny. It was originally built for the Touch Lux with 1024 x 758 dpi.

Unfortunately, I have no experience in programming, so I was wondering if someone here could help me out and adjust the font size to match the higher resolution of the Touch HD.
The creator of the app hasn't been active since 2014, otherwise I'd have asked him.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo.zip (20.3 KB, 492 views)
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Interesting idea. I found somewhere the original program including sourcecode from 2012. Guess adapting this could be easier. But the compiled binary you provided is different from the one I found. So maybe where is another source out there with the newer sourcecode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I installed the epubinfo.app found in this thread (in Themes_4.4.x.zip) on my Pocketbook Touch HD with 1072 x 1448 dpi. The app shows the metadata and works if you add an entry into extensions.cfg, but the font size is really tiny. It was originally built for the Touch Lux with 1024 x 758 dpi.

Unfortunately, I have no experience in programming, so I was wondering if someone here could help me out and adjust the font size to match the higher resolution of the Touch HD.
The creator of the app hasn't been active since 2014, otherwise I'd have asked him.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo.zip (687.8 KB, 441 views)
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2016, 03:09 AM   #3
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Got no idea if this works as I didn't test it. It's compiled from the source attached by nhedgehog. The source is modified to work with this sdk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo-fw4.zip (55.5 KB, 423 views)
File Type: zip epubinfo-src.zip (106.6 KB, 444 views)
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks brucelee!
Unfortunately, the fw4 version doesn't work on the Touch HD. I copied the epubinfo file into the bin folder and added the file ending .app (it was missing - maybe that was the problem).
Where is the image folder supposed to go? I also copied it into the bin folder.
Also, Touch HD has fw version 5.

The sourcefile attached by nhedgehog works, but the font size is as tiny as in the file I had found.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks brucelee!
Unfortunately, the fw4 version doesn't work on the Touch HD. I copied the epubinfo file into the bin folder and added the file ending .app (it was missing - maybe that was the problem).
Where is the image folder supposed to go? I also copied it into the bin folder.
Also, Touch HD has fw version 5.

The sourcefile attached by nhedgehog works, but the font size is as tiny as in the file I had found.
Same with me:
epubinfo went as epubinfo.app in:
system/bin/epubinfo.app
Images went in:
system/bin/images/
but disappeared after starting epubinfo.
Starting epubinfo results in a short hourglas and then nothing.
PB Touch Lux 3/ FW 515
Advert
Old 11-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Fw4 build is not the problem. It's the same SDK used to build the binaries you attached.
The problem might come from how the images are loaded. Try this build.
Also the images should be in system/bin/images. We can later change the directory if the build works but for the moment just try it this way.
I've set absolute paths to them. Previously there were relative paths and this might have broke stuff. The images are the first thing loaded when the app starts.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo-fw4.zip (55.5 KB, 419 views)
Old 11-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #7
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Same behaviour as before.
Is the file ending .app missing on purpose? Should we leave it like this or add .app?
Old 11-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #8
brucelee
Addict

It should have the .app extension. I just forgot to add it in the script. I'll make it automatically rename the file.
Strange though that it's still not working...
Old 11-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #9
brucelee
Addict

Updated source code. Maybe someone else can take a look.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo-src.zip (106.5 KB, 456 views)
Old 11-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #10
nhedgehog
Guru

I contacted SIRSteiner and he thankfully gave me his sources.
Here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo_Steiner_sources.zip (165.0 KB, 431 views)
File Type: zip epubinfo_bigger_font.zip (20.6 KB, 434 views)
Old 11-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #11
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
If someone is going to update this app, could you please correct the typo that I made in the Dutch translation? The Dutch word for 'Publisher' is 'Uitgever' (without a space in the middle).
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:19 AM   #12
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

nhedgehog, did you change anything about the font size?
The epubinfo_bigger_font.zip works on my Touch HD, with a slightly bigger font than the original. It is just about readable for me now. Still, a much bigger font would be an improvement.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:44 AM   #13
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
nhedgehog, did you change anything about the font size?
No I didn't. I asked SIRSteiner and he kindly provided what he found on some backup. Obviously he created 2 version one for the 622 which You found somewhere and another one with the slightly bigger font. Sources for both version are available, so if someone can compile the source changing the fontsize (I guess from 24 to 38 or 42 shouldn't be soo difficult). I can't since I'm running on XP and have noe experience with setting up a SDK.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:37 AM   #14
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I contacted SIRSteiner and he thankfully gave me his sources.
Here they are.
Maybe someone can compare these two versions to find out which value is responsible for the font size. Shouldn't it be easy then to increase the font size and leave everything else as it is?
Old 11-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #15
nhedgehog
Guru

epubinfo several fontsizes

I got an SDK running and compiled epubinfo.
Attached are some version.
I changed the fontsize and the dutch typo mentioned earlier.
Just pick your size and rename it to epubinfo.app.
But strange things happened, depending on the firmware.
The same epubinfo.app shows perfect on a PB623 with v.4 firmware but on a PB TL3 with v5 firmware the rectangle is moved a little down the screen (see picture).
I compiled it for v.4 using the sdk from pkbchess running in emulator:
pkgname = pbsdk
pkgver = 1.1.0-2
pkgdesc = Unoficial SDK for PocketBook devices
url = http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epubinfo.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	153184  
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubinfo.zip (113.5 KB, 396 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 11-23-2016 at 10:38 AM.