Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #301
Pendragn
Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.

Device: None
Thank you! I know it's tough to fix something you can't see. If it happens to me again, I'll take detailed notes to see if I missed anything in the step-by-step so I can pass it along to you.
Pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #302
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Pendragon, what version iOS do you have on your iPad? Mine was doing it under iOS 10.2 and earlier. I just updated to iOS 10.3.1 a couple of days ago and am waiting to see if it still happens to me.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #303
Pendragn
Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.

I'm on 10.3.1, but it happened to me both before and after the upgrade. Have you noticed it happening more with certain books than others? It's now happened to me twice with the same book--but it doesn't always happen with that book, and it's also happened with other books.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #304
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

So far I have not had it happen on 10.3.1. Prior to this it has happened on the same books a few times. Almost all of my books are Kindle books that I converted to ePub using Calibre, but I do have some iBooks from which I removed the DRM, along with a few DRM-free ePubs.

Last edited by romad; 04-24-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #305
Pendragn

Deleted

Last edited by Pendragn; 01-18-2024 at 04:17 PM.
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #306
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
So far I have not had it happen on 10.3.1. Prior to this it has happened on the same books a few times. Almost all of my books are Kindle books that I converted to ePub using Calibre, but I do have some iBooks from which I removed the DRM, along with a few DRM-free ePubs.
I realized that I'd left out the word "not" so I edited it!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 AM   #307
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Smart Batch Download

FYI, a recent question from MSWallack has reminded me again just how much better MapleRead's smart batch download is compared with Marvin 3!
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #308
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
And I'm hoping to spend some time testing MapleRead soon!
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #309
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
FYI, a recent question from MSWallack has reminded me again just how much better MapleRead's smart batch download is compared with Marvin 3!
@cedhax - Thanks for your reminder too!

In case Smart Batch Download is still not obvious enough for many users, esp. about re-downloading and updateing metadata, I've just added a new FAQ about it, together two other minor FAQs. See When and how to use Smart Batch Download for OPDS catalogs?
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #310
Pendragn

I don't know if something changed in how books are converted or in MapleRead, but I'm now seeing the losing its place bug on every book I open. Still not all the time, but at least once or twice with every book. Sometimes even more often. I've had to get into the habit of bookmarking every time I switch apps, just in case. I wish I could pinpoint the cause so i could pass the info along!
Old 05-19-2017, 01:38 AM   #311
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragn View Post
I don't know if something changed in how books are converted or in MapleRead, but I'm now seeing the losing its place bug on every book I open. Still not all the time, but at least once or twice with every book. Sometimes even more often. I've had to get into the habit of bookmarking every time I switch apps, just in case. I wish I could pinpoint the cause so i could pass the info along!
I've been using MapleRead SE almost every day for over 18 months by now, and have not experienced such lost-reading-position problem. I don't have a clue why that problem occurred to you, but I have a wild suggestion for you that may or may not work. Try turn on "Reset Cache" of MapleRead under Settings (app). Even if it doesn't work, it shouldn't do any harm.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #312
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Any plans to add PDF support to the iPhone version of MapleRead? I came up on a need to have both ePubs and PDFs in a set. Unfortunately since the iPhone version can't handle PDFs, I was forced to fallback on iBooks. Ugh!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #313
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Any plans to add PDF support to the iPhone version of MapleRead? I came up on a need to have both ePubs and PDFs in a set. Unfortunately since the iPhone version can't handle PDFs, I was forced to fallback on iBooks. Ugh!
Anybody else interested too?
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #314
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
Anybody else interested too?
Nope. Goodreader is the go to app for PDF. So no other app needs to handle PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:12 AM   #315
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

JSWolf, be that as it may be for you, there ARE those of us who prefer to have ONE ereader app rather than a whole slough of them! Prior to iOS 9.3, iBooks was it for me; since 9.3 and later BROKE the sorting of iBooks I've been looking for a better app and found it with MapleRead SE. The major drawback of it is that it won't work on iPhone. It has been several years since Apple created the Universal iOS app feature, so there is no longer any excuse to make separate incompatible apps for iPhone, iPad, and iTouch.

Tags
mapleread