Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
bmwr1200c
Enthusiast
bmwr1200c began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Comic Book Conversion with Calibre

Hello,
I have few comic books in cbr and cbz format, Calibre does a good job of converting it into ePub. However the font appears so small in my iPad that its hard to read even though I set the margins to zero but still looks like lot of space is getting wasted in the corners.

I am new here, if anyone did some researching into this area, I would appreciate your feedback.

regards
Aku
bmwr1200c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
What app are you using to read? Why not use an app that can read cbr and cbz natively? I use Comic Glass for reading manga and it works very well for me.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
bmwr1200c
Enthusiast
bmwr1200c began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I am using "ibook" or "Quickreader" even tried stanza

a day later I found that Stanza is a best free app to read .CBR and .CBZ files. Gives full screen and if the font appear still small then you can zoon in and zoom out. Its awesome, I am reading entire Asterix collection on it

Last edited by bmwr1200c; 08-11-2011 at 08:46 AM.
bmwr1200c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwr1200c View Post
I am using "ibook" or "Quickreader" even tried stanza

a day later I found that Stanza is a best free app to read .CBR and .CBZ files. Gives full screen and if the font appear still small then you can zoon in and zoom out.
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Seriously, with the wealth of comic reader apps available for iOS, there's absolutely no reason to suffer with iBooks. Although personally, Stanza wouldn't be my first choice for reading comics.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to Conversion forum
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert