Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
dlibke
dlibke began at the beginning.

Device: none
add-tts-engine fails to run

When I try to run this plugin, I get the following error msg:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 134, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "/Users/dlibke/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/add-tts-engine/plugin.py", line 4, in <module>
from lxml import etree, html
ImportError: No module named lxml
Error: No module named lxml

I download version 20171105 from GitHub/Kennyl/Sigil-Ebook-Plugins/releases.
I am using Sigil 0.9.9
OSX 10.13.3 High Sierra
Python 3.6.5 for OSX 10.9 or higher

The offending line in add-tts-engine/plugin.py context follows:
#!/usr/bin/env python
#-*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import sys

from PyQt5.QtWidgets

My question is 'should the leading l be a . or not exist?
dlibke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlibke View Post
File "/Users/dlibke/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/add-tts-engine/plugin.py", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: No module named lxml
Error: No module named lxml
Looks like you need to install the Python lxml module. However you do that on OSX.

Sorry my Apple fu is so limited. No doubt someone will be along shortly that can be of more help.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Your external python interpreter is missing things needed to make Sigil work

The official Mac build comes with its own embedded Python 3 interpreter. Check to make sure you are using the embedded Python interpreter for Plugins. It is properly built and configured so things should just work.

If you are using your own build (or an external Python 3 interpreter), then you need to fully follow the build instructions for Mac.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote