Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #61
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Amazon has methods for dealing with such things. What you "heard" isn't the truth of the issue. It's called Account Migration, and isn't uncommon for people who relocate.
Back when I did have a Kindle I did lose two or three books when I followed Amazon's instructions to switch from Amazon US to one nearer my country. Once done, I discovered that two of them were not available to me anymore, I was able to redownload the other.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #62
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
That is why I strip DRM and back up immediately after each purchase.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #63
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
Indeed. I started doing the same after that learning experience.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:19 AM   #64
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Me too!
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:21 AM   #65
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbibi View Post
I'm enjoying the meandering thread!

It really doesn't make financial sense to get into ebooks.
That depends. I've read 128 ebooks this year, and for the 121 of those that weren't free, my average cost was £1.79.

And now that I have a big enough buffer that I can afford to wait for bargains, the average purchase price of the books I've bought this year is £1.49.

But on the whole you're right - there isn't a big market for ebook readers, because only a small percentage of the population reads enough books to make it worth-while.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #66
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Back when I did have a Kindle I did lose two or three books when I followed Amazon's instructions to switch from Amazon US to one nearer my country. Once done, I discovered that two of them were not available to me anymore, I was able to redownload the other.
My view is that both authors and publishers deserve to profit from their labours - so piracy is wrong. But if I have bought a book I should own the right to read and reread it in perpetuity.

Should it become unavailable in its original form for any reason (other than my selling it) I do not consider I have any obligations to the author or publisher when I seek to replace it.

If Amazon deletes a book of mine (difficult, since I strip DRM immediately on purchase) I consider that I am (morally, if not legally) free to go and look in the Undernet for its replacement.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #67
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache

Me too
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #68
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Citing goodereader as anything but an unreliable site... Just saying.

And for what it's worth, all other things being equal, I'd say eInk has a better chance to come out with color epaper screens that make it into mainstream ereaders than clearink due to being the dominant company in the epaper screen market,
Goodereader just banned me from their site. Get message saying "banned by Goodereader" Maybe it was Disguis behind it. So much for open discussion sharing opinions lol. I think someone flagged my posts as spam when they were not. I found one of my lesser-used logins is still good over there. I usually supported good ereader so it was a little harsh to get banned i think
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 02:34 PM   #69
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Goodereader just banned me from their site. Get message saying "banned by Goodereader" Maybe it was Disguis behind it. So much for open discussion sharing opinions lol. I think someone flagged my posts as spam when they were not. I found one of my lesser-used logins is still good over there. I usually supported good ereader so it was a little harsh to get banned i think
The term 'blessing in disguise' springs to mind.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #70
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Now we're seeing this from a site I'd deem more reliable than Good(sic)EReader
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...t-color-e-ink/
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color e-ink