Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
jep
jep began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Wanted: replacement for Menestrello, or: reading EPUB 3 Audio-eBooks on an iPad

Hi,

I used to use Menestrello/Minstrel for the following, but the app is no longer available on Apple's appstore. That's why I'm looking for a replacement and hope for some hints here.

I'm looking for a free iOS-App that's capable of playing/showing EPUB 3 Audio-eBooks, i.e. play audio while reading with highlighting of the word(s) actually being read (like Whispersync for Voice in the Kindle Android app). The speed of the audio/speaker should be adjustable and I want to import a self-made EPUB 3 reflowable + Media Overlays Audio-eBook.

Requirements in short:
  • free iOS app
  • EPUB 3 reflowable + Media Overlays Audio-eBook support
  • adjustable audio speed
  • import of my own EPUB3 files possible

Any help would be much appreciated!
jep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:39 AM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Hi Jep,

BookFusion supports the full EPUB 3 with media overlays in iOS, Android and Web. However, you cannot adjust the audio speed. Feel free to give it a try at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bookfusion/id1141834096
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote