Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-11-2023, 04:30 PM   #1
tatteredscroll
Enthusiast
tatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Calibre 7.1.0 Auto Add from Folder Question

The Automatic adding of files placed in a specific folder works great for saving web pages on my computer as an epub, then having Calibre gobble it up and put in the library. Reason I do this is sometimes Send-to-Kindle doesn't do a good job of capturing page content, so I've decided to start using the Remarkable ePub extension. It works really well for web-to-epub conversion. Another extension "save as epub" does ok, but it's older and doesn't always work.

So now I have this web-epub file in a folder that Calibre is monitoring. When Calibre ingests those files, can they be tagged as "Articles" when they are pulled into my library? Then I would like to see if Calibre can auto-send via email epub file(s) tagged Articles.

Would also be nice to change metadata on the epub files that are ingested. For me, I would like the author changed to something singular/consistent so all my saved web articles have author of "webarticle" or something like that.

So I would need a regex to replace the default

(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)
With something that forces author to be webarticle.
tatteredscroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to add tags to epubs when importing them there is a setting for it under Preferences->Adding books->Adding actions. If you want to perform more arbitrary actions you should instead use the ebook-meta command line tool to adjust the metadata of your epub files however you like before importing them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import books, library, regex function, share ebooks