Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
TomeRaider
Enthusiast
TomeRaider began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy, Sony PRS505, PB 302, PB 360
Bookland access and dodgy Wifi driver

So I have had similar issue on my wifi connection to other folks on this thread. The ability to connect isn't consistent and I'm pretty sure there's some bugs in the driver. I have had mine working with DHCP ok over the last few days but now it wont. It stopped working once before after I copied some files onto it (fb reader & extensions.cfg) and then I got it working again by copying changed versions of the files - hmm pretty arbitrary behavior. Its now not working with DHCP enabled but is working in manual mode. Its not the WPA key as I have used it in all cases (DHCP not working, DHCP when working and manual working mode).

Now Bookland. This was working at the weekend - downloaded a couple of books but does not connect now - 1 time comes back with downloading... and then just drops out and now comes back with no network connection even though the symbol is showing a network on sign in the bar at the bottom and I have access to the internet through the mini browser

I have over 30 devices connected through my network and roughly 1/2 of them are wireless. None have any problems connection wise. It seems pretty evident to me that the wifi drivers are bugged and needs a firmware upgrade
TomeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Which fw version are you using?

Did you try it with the new webkit browser? (find it @ http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...er/Browser.zip )
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #3
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

Hi Ulli I'm using 15.2 - should have mentioned that

I can access the internet in DHCP manual mode through either mini browser or the web browser but only once when the router cache is completely cleared can I use dynamic DHCP mode. The reason for everyone's problems I believe is that when the PB302 does DHCP discovery a lease time of 0 is stored in the DHCP server. I'm not sure why this is because all my other devices are granted a lease time of around a 12-24 hours. There must be something wrong with the way the PB302 registers with the server but I haven't had the time to put a wireshark trace on it and look at the details.

Once you have a 0 lease time any further discovery requests come back with a failure and you can no longer use dynamic DHCP on the 302 but you can still acess the internet if you work in manual mode and this is the workaround that others have resorted to I believe. Again I think this is probably an issue with the PB302 because it should re-request a lease refresh in such cases.

On the bookland story, that application seems like it always does a DHCP discovery even when the preferred connection is set to DHCP manual and I believe that's why it doesn't work most of the time.

I can access bookland.net directly through my browser when the dedicated bookland application is unable to connect but it comes in at the root of the website and the layout is messed up.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

Correction this morning logging on with dynamic DHCP is fine - lease time 24 hours but Bookland still doesn't think I have a connection. I wonder if the lease time and reconnect problem is after the device is powered off for a while and then tries to reconnect but there are stale DHCP cache entries?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeRaider View Post
Correction this morning logging on with dynamic DHCP is fine - lease time 24 hours but Bookland still doesn't think I have a connection. I wonder if the lease time and reconnect problem is after the device is powered off for a while and then tries to reconnect but there are stale DHCP cache entries?
Yes. Could be. It's always a good idea, anyway, to go to Bookland with a new connection and not a connection that is already on. This seems to somehow cause problems.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert