Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
OOOFBTools - Bookmark Building

I'm trying to use OOOFBTools to build footnotes from a Gutenberg text. Working with "simple" footnotes (where the footnote text is inline enclosed by matching angle brackets []) is fine, however what I have is a text where there is a reference in the form of [n] in the text and then at the end of the book are all the footnotes which commence [n] (e.g. [1] - [74]).

After much experimentation it appears I have to do three thing :

1) Select the footnote text and using OOOFBTools menu insert a "List Footnote Bookmark" example : [1] £20,000 in 1995 values
2) At the start of the chapter that contains the reference to the footnote insert a "No. Footnote Bookmark" example: the building cost £3,500 [1].
3) Run the "Build Footnote" process using "Complex Mode of generation of Footnotes"

The problem I have is that I do this and no footnotes are created. The numbers in angle brackets in both places match perfectly.

Am I missing out a step - do I need to use a particular "Style" for the footnotes ? Can anyone explain what I might be doing wrong ?

I am working a little in the dark as all the help info is in Russian, not a language I can understand and machine translations are impossible to follow for stuff like this. The HTML report that is generated is somewhat enigmatic unless you really know what you are doing so any help from someone who KNOWS how this is supposed to work would be appreciated.

BobC

EDIT : For anyone interested I think I have solved this - in stage 1 above the reference [1] has to be followed immediately by a full stop (period) for it to generate the footnotes.

Last edited by BobC; 01-20-2010 at 01:07 PM.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footnotes, ooofbtools