Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #31
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Huge difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 900 is only fractionally wider then the 600. So don't look to the 900 to be noticeably wider then the 700.
The PRS 900 has a Zoom function in addition to the stated fonts. Their Medium Font is larger than the Large Font on the PRS 505. I read my books mainly with the Sony Desktop Reader 3.1 on my PC with occasional use of my PRS 900 when away from home.

One caution, I used that Zoom button with some PDF files but after using it I found it was hard to center the PDF page. Thus, I stopped reading PDF files with it. I read them on my PC with Adobe Reader which is far more suited to PDF's than is the Sony PRS 900.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #32
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I just called Best Buy for an update on my order which I placed on December 27. The window for me is now January 12-22. He confirmed that orders are fulfilled in the order in which they were placed.

Anyone else hear any news from Best Buy?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #33
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
Screen size

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloudg20 View Post
I'm more looking forward to a wider screen. As it is, I can read most of my documents fine on my 700, but slightly larger text would be welcome (as well as less glare).
I hate to disappoint you, but the screen is not wider. It's actually slightly slimmer than previous models. It is longer.
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #34
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nefertiti View Post
I hate to disappoint you, but the screen is not wider. It's actually slightly slimmer than previous models. It is longer.
I already addressed this. I was referring to it in landscape mode. Please try to keep up
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #35
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I just called Best Buy for an update on my order which I placed on December 27. The window for me is now January 12-22. He confirmed that orders are fulfilled in the order in which they were placed.

Anyone else hear any news from Best Buy?
I ordered mine on the 30th. I just called them and got a new range of the 14th to the 29th, which is a few days better than the original range (18th to the 2nd of Feb.) I received. Here's hoping it is more like the 12th that you got!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I ordered mine on the 30th. I just called them and got a new range of the 14th to the 29th, which is a few days better than the original range (18th to the 2nd of Feb.) I received. Here's hoping it is more like the 12th that you got!!
When you get it, let us know how you like it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #37
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sure will, I'll even wait until I get over the euphoria of actually receiving it in order to be less biased
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #38
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

I'd love to know anyhting you hear about your order status. I ordered on the 29th
Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #39
canisestinvia
canisestinvia began at the beginning.

Device: none
Online order status says "ready for shipment" with estimated ship date of 1/12/2010. Ordered on 12/26/09. I'm EXCITED!
canisestinvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #40
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by canisestinvia View Post
Online order status says "ready for shipment" with estimated ship date of 1/12/2010. Ordered on 12/26/09. I'm EXCITED!
Was this from the Sony style store, or best buy?

My 29th order from BB is still InProcess.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #41
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloudg20 View Post
Was this from the Sony style store, or best buy?

My 29th order from BB is still InProcess.
Mine from BB on the 30th still says the same "In Process" on one page and on back order on the other. I'm hoping it will ship on the 14th, that is the earliest date they gave me so perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic
Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #42
monkeyboy20
monkeyboy20 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505, sony 600, sony 900, iPad 32Gb wifi (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Mine from BB on the 30th still says the same "In Process" on one page and on back order on the other. I'm hoping it will ship on the 14th, that is the earliest date they gave me so perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic
Ditto! Still hopeful that it'll get shipped by the end of this week.
monkeyboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #43
Max Introvert
Max Introvert began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Just received shipping confirmation from Sony Style -- delivery expected 1/14. Never has two days seemed so long!
Max Introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #44
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
Just go my tracking #. 14th delivery date.
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #45
jbloudg20
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
Just go my tracking #. 14th delivery date.
SonyStyle order?