Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #76
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
The old jetBook firmware is still available if you change the filename on the download. Sadly, the Aluratek firmware is not. I haven't been successful recovering the deleted file.

Toz, can you access the self-test screen? (Push the reset button on the back and then hold the power button, Menu button, and zoom buttons simultaneously). If so, and you're feeling brave, you can use the Ectaco firmware to reflash the bootloader and format the internal memory. Let me know if you want to try it...
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #77
Toz
Toz began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Toz, can you access the self-test screen? (Push the reset button on the back and then hold the power button, Menu button, and zoom buttons simultaneously). If so, and you're feeling brave, you can use the Ectaco firmware to reflash the bootloader and format the internal memory. Let me know if you want to try it...
Yes I can access self test screen. How can I reflash bootloader with Jetbook FW?
I tried the "reflash NOR" with Jetbook FW on the SD.. but it says no corresponding files found or something like that...

Too bad you deleted Libre firmware Maybe you still have it in downloads or somewhere else? That was my last hope
I requested the 0.14 FW from Aluratek, but I don't think they send it.
Toz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #78
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Where's the *eating popcorn* smiley?
Found it

Mine's scheduled to be delivered today. I am not touching the firmware until I see what you guys figure out .

Maybe I'll get lucky and mine will ship with the old firmware on it and I can retrieve it for you guys.

Last edited by Siwickimom; 12-03-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #79
Toz

Quote:
The old jetBook firmware is still available if you change the filename on the download.
I could not get the old Jetbook FW. I used this link ftp://80.247.183.35/JL04_v033g.zip
Changed filename to JL04_v033c.zip, got nothing.
I'm doing it wrong?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #80
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try:

http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade/JL04_v033c.zip

or

http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade/JL04_v030i.zip
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #81
Toz

So how can I reflash bootloader from self test screen?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #82
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toz View Post
Yes I can access self test screen. How can I reflash bootloader with Jetbook FW?
I tried the "reflash NOR" with Jetbook FW on the SD.. but it says no corresponding files found or something like that...

I was pretty sure the "Reflash NOR" option was the bootloader. You had the reflash_nor directory on the SD card and it didn't work?

There's something that does a "Formatting mtd6.... Formatting mtd7..." as well, but I'm not sure what it is. Maybe Restore Factory Default? It used to be in the jetBook upgrade instructions but not anymore.

I suspect that Aluratek make a "big" change in the software of 0.15 to keep people from using their firmware on compatible devices (or vice versa).
Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #83
Toz

Anybody wants to change my brand new Libre to Jetbook? I don't mind if it's used.. Tommorow it goes back to Newegg..
Old 12-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #84
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toz View Post
Anybody wants to change my brand new Libre to Jetbook? I don't mind if it's used.. Tommorow it goes back to Newegg..
What color is it?

I'm very curious about the firmware features and differences. I have a custom-dyed blue jetBook.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #85
Toz

Quote:
What color is it?

I'm very curious about the firmware features and differences. I have a custom-dyed blue jetBook.
Color is black..
Old 12-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #86
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
What color is it?

Kralik, I don't believe that you can change your custom made blue color jetBook...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #87
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I wonder if the serial number is checked for firmware now? My Jetbook serial# is fomatted JB-XXXXXX where the XXXXXX is a number.

Could someone post what the serial# format is for the Aluratek? In the jetbook, it is under Settings/System Settings/Serial Number.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #88
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Kralik, I don't believe that you can change your custom made blue color jetBook...
Yeah, you are right. I still wonder if I could figure out the firmware transfers though... hmmm...

I'm just a sucker for new firmware and I want to try the Libre!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #89
terrier2006
terrier2006 began at the beginning.

I have a Libre with firmware version 14 I contacted Aluratek asking about updated firmware and below is the answer i received back from them.

"The most current firmware update for the LIBRE supports DRM Adobe ePub & PDF eBooks. This update was released last week and is available for download on our support website.

Please let me know if you have any further questions."

Last edited by terrier2006; 12-04-2009 at 08:13 AM.
terrier2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #90
Toz

So? Anybody got the 0.14 FW that I can flash?
I tried to change the serial # mine was AS9AG10XXXXXX to jetbook JBXXXXXX and flash the 0.30i from jetbook. It freezed on the "file transfer" after some 30 seconds. Tried to reflash NOR - said No files found. Tomorrow I'll send it back. Too sad