Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Just ordered my sony 505

I just ordered my sony prs505 yesterday and I can't wait to get it!! I was looking at the sony book site and wanted to buy a couple books for my new reader. I was very disappointed to discover the 2 books I wanted were available in the Us only. What is up with that?? Is there another Canadian ebook store I can order from or is there an american ebook store that will accept my Canadian credit card without giving me a lot of hassle? I went to the baen site but they didn't have the books (Kelley armstrongs the summoning and the awakening).
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Congratulations on your Sony 505 purchase. I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine.

The problem with purchasing eBooks is that the publishers are enforcing the same territorial contracts for electronic books as they have for paper books. If the Sony store is not selling the particular titles that you want, perhaps you can find them in another store which does have distribution rights in Canada. Maybe your fellow countrymen who own Sony readers will be able to point you to a store where you can buy these books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Try Books on Board, I did a search and they had both books. I'm from Australia and have brought from them with no problems. Just paid with paypal

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...rong,%20Kelley
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I understand you can also get books from the US Sony Store using a Sony gift card.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Thanks for replying. I don't use paypal but the sony gift card thing seems promising, I will have to check into that further, and I am going to try to set up an account with my Canadian credit card today with books on board and see if I run into any problems
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom;
Thanks for replying. I don't use paypal but the sony gift card thing seems promising, I will have to check into that further, and I am going to try to set up an account with my Canadian credit card today with books on board and see if I run into any problems
Books on board also accept Google checkout, which also gives you an extra discount & no extra fees.
Works fine for me here. Same as using your regular C. Card
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote