Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
decisions, decisions - life really is not fair ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I think you have to figure out what exactly you need that second device for. Perhaps your Cybook doesn't cover all your needs well enough? So does it need to be very portable, which formats should it be able to handle, backlit or not... What is it that the Cybook doesn't have...?

Or perhaps it's just gadget lust and you need a rational explanation
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

how's about slate & chisel ....
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #19
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
how's about slate & chisel ....
Hard to convert books to read on it.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Yeah. But only slightly slower than scanning, OCR-ing, and proofing really.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #21
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post

standardized ...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
standardized ...
Indeed.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #23
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
What is it that the Cybook doesn't have...?

Or perhaps it's just gadget lust and you need a rational explanation
Damn, I really think you got me!

No, really, I would like a very portable device (screen between 4 and 5'). But I don't think I want another gadget in my pocket, so maybe a smartphone would be the best option.
Now, which one? My Nokia E65 is way too small - but it's Mobipocket Reader is indeed excelent!.
Off course the N97 would be great if it wasn't the VERY high price... I couldn't possibly spend almost twice what I paid for my Cybook for a... secondary e-reader...
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:45 AM   #24
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
.....What is it that the Cybook doesn't have...?

A built in solar-charger .....
Old 02-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #25
nelsonescorcio
Zealot

Quote:
A built in solar-charger .....
Is that the only thing you miss in your Cybook?

Folder support, faster response, better contrast, specially at low light... All things I really miss. And only the first can be delivered by next firmware upgrade. The others requires a next generation device...

Last edited by nelsonescorcio; 02-27-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post

Folder support, faster response, better contrast, specially at low light... All things I really miss. And only the first can be delivered by next firmware upgrade. The others requires a next generation device...
No, not at all - it's the one thing I don't recall mentioning in the Cybook threads.....
I don't generally have a 'low-light' issue 'cause we do have electricity with which to power lamps ....
Old 02-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #27
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post

"Emboldened Text" works OK in low light.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #28
GeoffC

Yes, it does ....
Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #29
nelsonescorcio
Zealot

Quote:
I don't generally have a 'low-light' issue 'cause we do have electricity with which to power lamps ....
You do?! That is awesome!...

Here in Portugal we do not usually have electricity outdoors...
Oh, maybe you were refering to public lighting... Well, I am sorry to say that it is quite low in my backyard... And no, I do not have lamps there... So at the end of the day I read better my Time Magazine than my Cybook.

And indoors. We do have, in Portugal, kids and wifes... At night, when with them and they are sleeping, I rather have low light...

Yes, I am a very, very strange guy, living in a very, very strange place...

The low light "problem" is a very reported and known one. Engineers are working on it. I guess they don't have electricity either...
Next time, if you don't have anything usefull to say, you might consider saying nothing at all...

Last edited by nelsonescorcio; 02-27-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #30
GeoffC

You mean my comments were not helpful ?

Gosh .....