Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #61
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I wish this would be left out to the reader (both the device and the person). I create my mobipocket books using <P></P> for the paragraphs.
Seems to me that this ought to be the right approach-- use a logical format tag, and let the user adjust the style sheet that specifies how to display the tag.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #62
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
It's already possible on Windows Mobile device with µBook Reader - you can choose the size of paragraph indent, margins, justification, etc. And this works with every kind of ebook format, even txt, so a specifically formatted file is not necessary.
I would love to have the same amount of customization possible on the dedicated Ebook Readers.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #63
Zabuton
Zabuton began at the beginning.

Device: BB8800/Sony PRS-505
one comment on the EZ reader - Disappointed.

Will there be a new 9" EZ reader? Hanlin v9 is taking forever..
Zabuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:49 AM   #64
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Yes, the price point is rather disappointing, but given how little market share this type of technology has right now and how new the idea is to most people I don't find it too surprising. On the brighter side, by the time my gadget fund has enough $ for a neat toy next year all of the improvements will hopefully have been made. Four years ago I really wanted a 19" LCD monitor, but they were about $600 for a nice one and 19" screens were considered high-end. Now 19" widescreens are fairly standard and $250 or so. But I still would have liked this now.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #65
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Hello SaraD. Kudos to you for saving up with a gadget fund.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabuton View Post
one comment on the EZ reader - Disappointed.

Will there be a new 9" EZ reader? Hanlin v9 is taking forever..
That's because the 9.7" screen isn't going to be available until next Spring. I'm sure that we'll see lots of devices using this screen once it's available.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A book I am reading now has the first paragraph with no indent. So given a format of no indent and a blank line between paragraphs, this would ruin the formatting of this book.

I know eReader format doesn't have to be that way. But most commercial eReader eBooks are that way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #68
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead View Post
The press release says

This is obviously another rebadged Hanlin V3, therefore its firmware will be interchangeable with Hanlin, BeBook & LBook. The latest firmwares from BeBook & Hanlin (v 1.27) both have MOBI support & the devices are supported by Mobipocket Reader software. So just flash your Astak with either of these (I'm currently using the BeBook firmware on my Hanlin V3) & your Mobi needs are met.
Where can one download the different firmwares?
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #69
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I like Vista.
I like Vista too, but it sure dosn't like me.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #70
amgoforth
Groupie

[QUOTE=JSWolf;261457]The eReader format was designed for smallish type screens such as a PDA. That is the reason for no paragraph indents and the lin spaces between paragraphs. But, on a larger screen such as a 6" eink screen, this will not look good. It's formatting is not meant for such screens. And the larger you go, the worse it will look.

Looking at the EZ reader that I now have you are 100 percent right.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #71
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
Where can one download the different firmwares?
Check the wiki on the various models.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote