Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
philippd
Connoisseur
philippd doesn't litterphilippd doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
ePub creation / conversion

Hi,

is there any method available to convert files to the .ePub Format except for the generator at bookglutton.com?

It may be a commercial product.

I would prefer to use .doc or .pdf or something like that as input...
philippd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I believe Adobe Indesign can export in EPUB.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippd View Post
Hi,

is there any method available to convert files to the .ePub Format except for the generator at bookglutton.com?

It may be a commercial product.

I would prefer to use .doc or .pdf or something like that as input...
Feedbooks.com can convert files. Just view the results. You don't have to publish.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
if you want a non-Web solution, then the python script oeb2epub is one option. See ePub Creation Utility, posts #10 and #12. Windows MobiPocket Creator is one way to get an OEB document from a .doc.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Keep in mind though that if it's for a mobile device, you'd better divide the OPS file into multiple flows. Not sure that all those scripts do this correctly.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
epubdemand
epubdemand began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hallo,

I'm actually not only looking for a software to convert pdf files to epub, but also for a service provider.

As we want to convert a very high number of files, we are not able to convert them on our own.

If you now any professional service providers (espacially in Germany) offering such a conversion service please let me know...

Last edited by epubdemand; 06-03-2008 at 06:38 AM.
epubdemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epubdemand View Post
Hallo,

I'm actually not only looking for a software to convert pdf files to epub, but also for a service provider.

As we want to convert a very high number of files, we are not able to convert them on our own.

If you now any professional service providers (espacially in Germany) offering such a conversion service please let me know...
You won't get anything good from a PDF to ePub conversion. You need some master format in XML if you'd like to mass convert to ePub.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 AM   #8
epubdemand
epubdemand began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
i guess it should be possible somehow, but i know that it can't be done automatically. So we are searching for a service provider who converts it and corrects it manually afterwards...

Or do you think this isn't possible at all? I mean you can convert pdf's to mobipocket quite well...
epubdemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #9
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by epubdemand View Post
i guess it should be possible somehow, but i know that it can't be done automatically. So we are searching for a service provider who converts it and corrects it manually afterwards...

Or do you think this isn't possible at all? I mean you can convert pdf's to mobipocket quite well...
I wouldn't describe a PDF to Mobipocket conversion as something that looks "quite well".

If you don't have any source format, you'll have to first convert those PDF to text, then proofread them (they'll probably be full of errors), then add the proper XML markup to make an ePub file.