Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #706
Cereal
Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Which firmware did you installed then?
Any relevant change?
Did they fix the missing 'lock' feature ?
I installed 1.7.8 from http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads
Changes are as described there. No lock feature as far as i can tell. Also the play store doesn't work for me anymore with that version. I've read here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=154 (regarding a different model) that the issue has supposedly been fixed, so the play store might well work with the version from http://onyx-international.com/.

None of this is particularly relevant to me since i'm using the device strictly as an ereader.
The new neo reader 2.0 is nothing short of fantastic in terms of performance for pdf and djvu files. It's also great that you're now able to use 3rd party apps in full screen mode. Less importantly, they also seem to have removed some of the more irritating standby screen images.
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:30 AM   #707
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: large
Depending on your needs, there seems to be a dealbreaker with 1.8.1.

Apart from the first one, the Recently Read items on the Home page no longer have text as well as icons for each item. It is imposible to tell from an icon which pdf you are looking at, so it is useless.
rine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2017, 07:03 AM   #708
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

v. 1.8.1 and Neo reader 2 useless for pdfs

Furthermore, NeoReader2 is useless for reading any pdfs that you may have highlighted before scanning.

It isimpossible to get the Bold and the Contrast settings so that you can read the highlighted areas as well as the normal text. The highlights are blacked out or the text is far too feint.

Very disappointing.

Last edited by rine111; 01-29-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #709
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rine111 View Post
Depending on your needs, there seems to be a dealbreaker with 1.8.1.

Apart from the first one, the Recently Read items on the Home page no longer have text as well as icons for each item. It is imposible to tell from an icon which pdf you are looking at, so it is useless.
This "Recently Read" thing is annoying as hell.
As for the the pdf application, i put as default the old one :-)
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #710
rine111
Connoisseur

Quote:
I have gone back to v. 1.7.5. I have a copy in case you need one.
Advert
Old 02-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #711
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
unfortunately in 1.8.1 update the system db has been significantly modified and the only way to make it working entirely properly is to use reset to the so called "factory settings" after update: settings->system->privacy
Afterwads everything must work just fine.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #712
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
unfortunately in 1.8.1 update the system db has been significantly modified and the only way to make it working entirely properly is to use reset to the so called "factory settings" after update: settings->system->privacy
Afterwads everything must work just fine.
Hi Booxtor, are you saying that i will have back text titles in "Recent Reads" area?
Should i backup the reader (the books) or will i lose just the historic of the recent reads ?

many thanks
Old 02-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #713
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Hi Booxtor, are you saying that i will have back text titles in "Recent Reads" area?
Should i backup the reader (the books) or will i lose just the historic of the recent reads ?

many thanks
Regular update shall not affect your partition with the data storage. All your folders, apps, accounts, books and annotations must be still there after update. Even after reset to factory settings your content must be there, if you didn't enable the checkbox to remove all your data.
Factory data reset will remove your apps, your accounts and clean and update your system database. All your annotations will be gone though, so please make backup of them.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:00 AM   #714
underscore
Addict

I tried the reset and i waited for a while for the reader to reboot.
Then i turn it on and it was resetted, it asked again for the first configuration steps.

But i did not solved the issue, my recently read area show just thumbnails of pdf.
I have "Homepage preference" set to "show recently read books" and i tried to either set or unset
"show books' tittles :-) instead of their names in library"

here a screenshot.

it's basically impossible to figure it out the pdfs with just the screenshot, for example the one in down left corner.
Best thing will be something like the last icon (tops-20 user's guide is an html)
with an icon partially overlapped by the file name/title
Old 02-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #715
rine111
Connoisseur

Best thing will be something like the last icon (tops-20 user's guide is an html)
with an icon partially overlapped by the file name/title[/QUOTE]

Best thing would be to have it how it was before the unnecessary change.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #716
ou4read
ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
You can use "ToogleFullscreen" external app. It has "Hide title bar" option.

I record short video with bluetooth mouse and internet browsing on my i86ml:
https://youtu.be/puFx7GKiNQg
Have you made your video hidden?

edit: found this vid instead: https://youtu.be/CAG-pYuXdg0

Last edited by ou4read; 02-16-2017 at 07:34 PM.
ou4read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #717
rine111
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rine111 View Post
with an icon partially overlapped by the file name/title
Best thing would be to have it how it was before the unnecessary change.[/QUOTE]

Booxster, have you understood the issue here? On the i86, v. 1.8.1 does not show the document names in Recently Read. This is the case also after factory reset.

Last edited by rine111; 02-18-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #718
underscore
Addict

Another bug.
From the main menu, if i click "Library" and then the icon on the top right corner (directly from the home page there is the very dangerous clean ALL recent reading command)
i can reach "Read Record".
Once, from Read Record, i was able to delete an entry, which for me is the analogue operation of putting back a book on the shelf once completely read.
Now that thing does not work anymore so it will always appear in recent read on the main page.
Why ?

Last edited by underscore; 03-14-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #719
Xavié
Xavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the roughXavié is a jewel in the rough

Device: I86
Hi,

Hopefully, I let the original firmware cause it's difficult enough to find documents in only one big file.

- Sometime the internet's browser loose the title bar with the home button. It didn't rotate also (well as a bug it happen if you open à .pdf, rotate and then go back to the browser). Is there and alternative browser working ?

- [ERASE]Is there a guide to display a PC tablet screen and maybe interact with the I86's touch ?[/ERASE] I try opera mini to synchronise web pages to read. But turn page button don't work and rotate is supposes to be automatic (I guess no sensor in I86), way around ?

- The official cover is awful (stiff and big) compare to the reader himself (soft and flat), is there alternate cover and how to wash the screen anyway ?

- Other than no password, my only complain is to see 8' ECarta coming. Does the guy who broke his screen can tell us we can renew the screen ?

Last edited by Xavié; 03-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Xavié is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 AM   #720
underscore
Addict

Are there any instructions/videos on how to open a i86 ?
Does not seem to 'slide' like the m92 did.