Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #1726
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
set your view to active documents.
Hmm, I'm not sure I see this option on my K4NT.
Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #1727
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
One option might be to create an AAA collection and put it in that, then view by Collections.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #1728
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I might be being really obtuse, but where do I find the archive with Update_KUALBooklet_v*_install.bin in it for my KOA?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #1729
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Er... I guess it's just the file that you download. My bad. Sorry everyone.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #1730
ddimasbr
ddimasbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Onyx Boox M96 and Kobo Aura HD
I bought a PW3 7th gen, and would like to know if it works on my device. I would like to remove the margins and I wanted to know how to do it, because I am a layman.

Help me!
ddimasbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #1731
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddimasbr View Post
I bought a PW3 7th gen, and would like to know if it works on my device. I would like to remove the margins and I wanted to know how to do it, because I am a layman.

Help me!
Well, first thing -
This thread is about our application launcher, and yes it works on your device (unless you have the Japanese Manga (32GB) version).

Removing margins has nothing to do with the application launcher.
You can find other threads here on that subject.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:44 PM   #1732
ddimasbr
ddimasbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Onyx Boox M96 and Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Well, first thing -
This thread is about our application launcher, and yes it works on your device (unless you have the Japanese Manga (32GB) version).

Removing margins has nothing to do with the application launcher.
You can find other threads here on that subject.

Hello. My PW3 is not the Japanese version. Which thread explains how to remove the margins?
ddimasbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #1733
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddimasbr View Post
Hello. My PW3 is not the Japanese version. Which thread explains how to remove the margins?
Oh, come on now, give us a break.
You have been a member here for 4 years, don't try to tell us you don't know how to find things for yourself in this forum.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #1734
weasal
weasal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi,

I have a Paperwhite 5th gen updated to 5.6.1.1 with JB 1.14N, KUAL v2.7 and KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2. I have USBNetwork and Front Light installed and working but when I try to install the backdoorlock module KUAL seems to corrupt the file system when I start it after copying over the backdoorlock directory to extensions. I have to do a fsck to fix the file system.
I do unmount before I try to run KUAL and I do an fsck and mount again to verify that the directory is there and I can access it so it seems that running KUAL is the culprit. I do see a message in KUAL that says that there are new menus and I need to go to the top but there are no new menus.
Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
weasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #1735
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Well, in any case backdoor lock doesn't work / doesn't stop OTA updates on that firmware (and also chances are that PW1 aka 5th gen will not get any more firmware updates) so there is no point of using it.
Use that magical folder/directory name (update.bin.tmp.partial) to stop OTA downloads.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #1736
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasal View Post
- - - - -
Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
You are describing hardware failure of the eMMC device.

Note:
Never, ever, use an external fschk program on the visible USB storage. It is a specialized FAT-32 format unknown to nearly any external fschk program.

If you MUST have the visible USB storage re-formatted, then let the Kindle do it, itself.
Just zero the first 16 sectors of the device (easy to do if you have a *nix based system) and then re-boot the Kindle.
The Kindle's start-up code will find the unusable FAT-32 storage area and re-format it.

There are posts here on how to force the start-up file system checks.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #1737
weasal

Quote:
You are describing hardware failure of the eMMC device.

There are posts here on how to force the start-up file system checks.
Are you talking about the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file?
Is there some non-destructive way via ssh?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #1738
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Are you talking about the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file?
Is there some non-destructive way via ssh?

Thanks!
No.

Do what I told you, zero the first 16 sectors.
Start with the main index sticky page, follow to the required information or use the advanced search function.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #1739
weasal

Quote:
No.

Do what I told you, zero the first 16 sectors.
Start with the main index sticky page, follow to the required information or use the advanced search function.
Ok, did
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p4 bs=4096 count=4
and several restarts (holding power button for 20 sec, 40 sec, etc) but it doesn't look like the partition is rebuilt. The metadata seems to still be there but I now the kindle exposes an empty partition:
fdisk -l /dev/sdb
Disk /dev/sdb: 1.4 GiB, 1465909248 bytes, 2863104 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

and of course now I can't turn on SSH.
Is there something else I need to do to force a full restart?
Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #1740
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Ok, did
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p4 bs=4096 count=4
and several restarts (holding power button for 20 sec, 40 sec, etc) but it doesn't look like the partition is rebuilt. The metadata seems to still be there but I now the kindle exposes an empty partition:
fdisk -l /dev/sdb
Disk /dev/sdb: 1.4 GiB, 1465909248 bytes, 2863104 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

and of course now I can't turn on SSH.
Is there something else I need to do to force a full restart?
Your only choice is to replace the defective eMMC chip.

You can put it on a wall charger, reboot it, and allow it to just sit there.
It may take days to finish the restart because it has to reboot after fixing each error.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified