Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
melitabel
Enthusiast
melitabel began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Installing Nook on PE

I am trying to install the Nook reader on my PE, which I rarely use for anything except taking notes and the occasional web browse/email, but we are going on a trip and I want to stockpile some reading material.

I've forgotten how an app should download. The Nook said it would install shortly, and then it said it did install but - where should it show up? I don't see it anywhere. Poor little Edge, I have to start using it again.

I wanted to use Calibre from the PC, but the book I bought doesn't open in Adobe, only in the Nook app on the PC, and I am giving up on trying to figure this out. Nothing but problems today!
melitabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Press the big X about 3/4 towards bottom of screen. This will open up all Apps. if the Nook App installed you should find it here. Don't forget, Barnes and Noble books can be read on the e-ink. See the Books section of my Resource Sticky:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
melitabel
Enthusiast

Sigh. It did not install, and now the Nook for Android page is down so at present I can't try to reinstall. I seem to be stymied for the moment. I went to the B&N page using the browser on the Edge, but they do not offer any alternative access to the books, you have to have the Nook app first.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Go to the link obsessed2 provided and scroll down to "App Stores With Store / Market App" it is not necessary to get the app from B+N, and likely the most up to date app will not work anyway. As the PE/EE have an outdated OS, it is generally best to use an app a couple version old. B+N uses Adobe DRM registering your PE/EE with Adobe will allow reading the book in the native PE/EE viewer.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
melitabel
Enthusiast

Thanks, I had realized that the current version might require a newer version of Android. As far as I can remember, the PE is registered with Adobe. Do you happen to know how I can check this?
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by melitabel View Post
Thanks, I had realized that the current version might require a newer version of Android. As far as I can remember, the PE is registered with Adobe. Do you happen to know how I can check this?

Open Settings --> About eDGE --> Legal Information --> Other Licenses

The latest version of Nook 3.2.0.81 works with Ermine.

http://www.1mobile.com/nook-for-andr...-bn-79949.html

If you have Dingo you will need to check Freeware Lovers for an older version:

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/nook

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-27-2012 at 09:55 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Did you get it to work, melitabel?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote