Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
gkazir
gkazir began at the beginning.

Device: htc s630
looking for hebrew and russian fonts

Hi,
this is my first thread here, i hope i'll have the answer.
I've bought the prs505 and i don't think i've came accross hebrew fonts, nor russian fonts.

can someone explain to me how can i read hebrew or russian in the device? can i download fonts? is other fonts will be loaded on the device in the new firmware?

thanks,

Gur
gkazir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You can embed fonts in both LRF (Sony native format) and PDF documents if the chars needed aren't in the built-in fonts. Take a look at BookDesigner (on the wiki, etc) for some software to help create suitable files.

There's also some work been done with reflashing the 500 to have russian fonts, but I don't know the status of similar work on the 505.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
As I recall, some people did try Hebrew but it was displayed left-to-right.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
As I recall, some people did try Hebrew but it was displayed left-to-right.
Nice trick for a change
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkazir View Post
Hi,
this is my first thread here, i hope i'll have the answer.
I've bought the prs505 and i don't think i've came accross hebrew fonts, nor russian fonts.

can someone explain to me how can i read hebrew or russian in the device? can i download fonts? is other fonts will be loaded on the device in the new firmware?

thanks,

Gur
For Russian support go to the-ebook.org
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't believe the Sony supports right-to-left fonts.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do any of the eink based readers support right-to-left?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote