Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
ekovv
ekovv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
KF8 max-width HTML CSS tag broken?

In the list of supported HTML5 tags on Amazon it includes the CSS element "max-width" which I tried using in my fixed layout book. The HTML works when I look at it in Chrome but does not seem to work in the mobi on the Kindle Fire. Is this tag broken?
ekovv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you sending Mobi or KF8 to the Fire? You mention both KF8 and Mobi.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
ekovv

I'm not sure... I'm editing the html, along with css and other necessary files and then importing my content.opf file into Kindle Previewer which poops out a Mobi file. Not sure if that is the correct way of doing things.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Create a full ePub and use that with Kindlegen to create the combination KF8/Mobi file. Then you can load that onto your Fire.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
ekovv

Ok. I don't really know anything about creating an ePub since I've only been working with the Kindle. Do I have to start from scratch? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Thanks a lot for the help though, appreciate it.
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You don't have to create an ePub first. The Previewer doesn't care if you feed it an ePub or an OPF file. I don't know anything about why the max-width attribute isn't working for you, but I doubt it's your work flow that's the problem.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-05-2012 at 07:08 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote